Audio-Philia

Ruark Prelude One in Yew finish

14 posts in this topic

Dealer

Up for sale a matched pair of Ruark Prelude One in stunning Yew finish.

One careful owner from new, they are six years old and come complete with original spikes and undamaged grilles.

Beauty meets the eye, I have stripped them down to the original wood, built up a foundation and applied two coats of natural clear beeswax so that the new owner will be maintenance-free for a very long time.

Conditions are 8.7/10, drivers and grilles are in perfect conditions and the woodwork is in top notch.

Very high WAF these work very well in a small space too, please don`t take my word for it and come along for free coffee and demo in Edinburgh.

***NOW SOLD***

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0031-2.jpg

DSC_0034-1.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg

DSC_0047-1.jpg

DSC_0052-1.jpg

Dealer
they look lovely, but are you quite sure its not 'Yew' finish????:dunno:

Ups...absolutely, thanks for that it always catches me out. :P

That's a lovely looking speaker,and having had a few Ruark's no doubt a great sounding one too.Excellent bargain for £375.

i bought a pair of these brand new years ago, they are the `Reference' model with the slide on grilles and the finish is Yew as mentioned. new price was approx £975 rather than 2k though. lovely speakers.

Dealer
i bought a pair of these brand new years ago, they are the `Reference' model with the slide on grilles and the finish is Yew as mentioned. new price was approx £975 rather than 2k though. lovely speakers.

Admittedly I must have made some confusion on the RRP as they were around £1k in the last few examples (as these) + a £300 premium on the Yew finish.

Please forgive any mistakes I`m doing on the way, I am learning day by day and any comment and/or advice is very much appreciated.:)

Can these be posted?

Yes the speakers will be posted for an additional £20 fully insured and tracked by TNT.

Title changed for you :cool:

Thanks man, much appreciated! :^

Dealer
I have a pair of these and they are marvellous. Just so natural and rich sounding.... Mine aren't quite as pretty as those though - that finish is stunning!

I absolutely agree, they put to shame many more expensive speakers for the inner quality that they possess.

Anybody that sees them can not stop but marvel at the fantastic intricacy the nature has to offer, a true piece of furniture no less.

I have added some more pictures for you all, first comes first served as they say. :peace:

DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0027-1.jpg

DSC_0045-1.jpg

DSC_0040-1.jpg

Dealer

***bump***

Dealer

***now sold***