Vinyl Art

WAM photo assignment

256 posts in this topic

Would folks be interested in a monthly photo assignment on here. Once a month an assignment is announced and you get to post 3 pictures that reflect the assignment. We critique eachothers photos, both good and bad point and suggestions for improvemnt etc and then move on to next months assignment. All photos entered must of been taken for the assignment. what do you reckon?

If you would like to give it a go the first assignment is "Motion", however you wish to interpret it, no boundaries, it's up to you. Closing date is 15th August. This is not a competition, no winners and losers, just a bit of fun with some direction to the photography and a deadline to meet.

Am happy to think of the first three assignments and then handover to someone else for the next 3 etc etc....

Cheers

Bob

Motion will be good, I will see if I can get a picture of the wife actually moving :roll:

Great idea/ They do this on a photpgraphy form i lurk on. Motion? If only it'd been a week erlier i could'nve used the tour de france.
I'll certainly be taking part.
Be a good idea if we included all the EXIF data too so it becomes a learning from others exercise as well.

Ok, i will have a chat with one of them nice Mod types, get it made a sticky and ask peeps to include their pic data, i think if you link from Flikr it's their anyway.

let the fun begin, the first assignment is open - get snappin!

Oh, just one more thing, as this isn't a competition lets cut some slack for those postin in from a Moby, it's the pic that counts, not the limitations of the camera - enjoy.

Cheers

BobC

Nice idea Bob :^ looking forward to joining in the fun :)

Relating to Exif data, how do I make sure it's kept when transfering to photobucket, is it kept by default?

Stickyfied for you guys. :D

[quote name='Testure']Nice idea Bob :^ looking forward to joining in the fun :)

Relating to Exif data, how do I make sure it's kept when transfering to photobucket, is it kept by default?[/QUOTE]
If you open a photo and look down the righ hand side there a thing that says "Photo Info". Open this and it gives you the EXIF info; copy and paste onto your entry.
File Name: BrestGrafiti3142011.jpg (Edit)

File Size: 158 kb - 768 x 1024
Camera Make: OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera Model: E-420
Date/Time: 2011:04:01 13:21:23
Resolution: 768 x 1024
Flash Used: No (auto)
Focal Length: 14.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.0025 s (1/400)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO Equiv.: 100
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix

[quote name='myrman']Stickyfied for you guys. :D[/QUOTE]

Cheers Nick, slowly getting use to not having those buttons anymore ;-)

[quote name='gthang']"If you open a photo and look down the righ hand side there a thing that says "Photo Info". Open this and it gives you the EXIF info; copy and paste onto your entry."

learn something new every day :^[/QUOTE]

Cheers :^ and Stupinder will give that a go..

[quote name='Testure']Cheers Nick, slowly getting use to not having those buttons anymore ;-)[/QUOTE]

It's a cross you have to bear... :D

I'll try and join in if I may...... I presume no piccies allowed to enter, taken before comp start date? :geek:

[quote name='s2000db']It's a cross you have to bear... :D

[/QUOTE]

Well all those years tying people up to them , it's time for me to be punished ... where's Solid when I need him :P