Tel

Wammers Welcome

138 posts in this topic

I've noticed that there a number of 'Open House' threads on this forum at the moment.

At one time there used to be a thread where people happy to entertain visitors by arrangement could post.

It wasn't for bake offs as such, more that you listed your system, your location (if not already in your profile) and wammers could contact you if they wanted a listen.

Especially useful if you were looking to buy a bit of kit if you could hear it in someone's system in a domestic setting. I have had a few wammers pop round who were maybe interested in buying LVs or a Kuzma turntable.

Interested wammers could send you a PM and make an arrangement.

Maybe an idea to resurrect the thread or start a new one.

Lots of individual threads slip down the pages and become hard to find.

My kit list is in my profile but probably better to list it in full on a thread, that would make it searchable.

To start, I live in Hove, East Sussex

Rega Saturn CDP, Rega DAC, Logitech Squeezebox Touch

Kuzma Stabi S turntable, Stogi S tonearm, Audionote Io cartridge.

Audio Note (Japan) S6c SUT, Audio Note M3 (phono) pre-amp.

Custom built 300B Push Pull mono block amplifiers

Living Voice OBX-R2 speakers

Don't know what happened to that thread?

If anyone wants to pop over for a listen i'am north of plymouth.

Garrard 301

Puresound 2A3

3 way horn jobbies,tannoy grf-lecleac-coral

Usually about at some point most weekends.

My place is always open to anyone wanting a listen!

Please note everyone that your kit list will not appear on search results unless you list it in a post on the thread.

The search facility does not check profiles.

It is also a better to make actual arrangements by PM. It is not a good idea to put addresses and phone numbers on the thread

im in bradford west yorkshire, and happy to demo my kit,

i have two systems, my main one is moon equinox cdp, eva 11 ldr pre-amp, audion 800b silver night mono blocks, push pull version, tannoy 12" golds in lancaster cabs/ quad els 63s

second system lyndorf cd1 , promethious tvc passive pre-amp, leak stereo 20, kora mandala speakers

please feel free to pm me if you fancy a listen :cool:

Yes, count me in. I enjoy having fellow tormented souls round for a listen.

I live to the east of Nottingham, anyone wanting to get into the Squeezebox game is welcome to see the setup and ask advice. As well as the other kit, of course!

Another generally open invitation here too. I work from home, so depending on how much is on, I am almost always here.

Main kit is listed, but for anyone considering this path, the main point of interest always seems to be the ESL57s. Mine are One Thing modified and run with supertweeters (JAS) and an Audio Physic Luna sub. If you're considering ESLs you're welcome to bring amps and see whether they can drive them properly.

I'm in Kettering, East Mids. PM and invite yourselves. Door is always open.

Edited to show full kit list:

Well Tempered turntable/arm. Transfiguration Phoenix cart. Custom build Hashimoto HM-3 SUT. Modified EAR834P

Musical Fidelity A3.2 CDP used as transport. Audisector DAC.

Heavily modified Transcendent Grounded Grid pre. Jadis CA30 monoblocks.

One Thing Audio modified ESL57s. Audio Physic Luna sub. JAS super-tweeters.

Isotek Substation power conditioning. Custom made silver Power cables.

Interconnects Audio Note AN-SPz. Speaker cables Kondo KSL-SPc.

go on then - I need some help deciding between a few pairs of speakers so this seems like a good punt - kit is

Garrard 301

Alphason HR100 arm

Japanese IO2

AN S2 sut

Esoteric SA10 - (prolly going soon though as wrong colour)

Leben 28cx pre

Leben 660p power

Air tight 211 Mono's

TAD 2251, Tannoy Golds in BobC Cabs (post scalford) , Tannoy HPDs no cabs at the mo (rotating to make a decision eventually

cheers

darren

PS in stoke bout 15 mins from j 15 or j16 of the m6 if it is not rush hour - fridays best as usually working from home

An open invite from me too, to hear my kit, although I'm pretty much limited to daytime during the week between now and mid-September (when I return to Uni), since the system is used for AV purposes (wifey's TV) in the evening/ some of the weekend AND I can turn the volume up to realistic levels when home alone in the daytime during the week! My system consists of:-

Sonos Zp streaming WAV files/napster/Spotify

Audio Synthesis Transcend (modified Pioneer 757i) CD/SACD/DVD-A/DVD transport

Meridian 200 cd transport (modded by Audiocom)

Audio Synthesis DAX Discrete DAC

Audio Synthesis Passion passive pre

EAR 509II monoblock valve amps

Quad ESL63's/Gradient SW63 woofers with modded active x-over & External high pass filter for > 115hz

2 x Rel Storm Subs

Stax SR-TM1 energiser/ SR404 Earspeakers

Panasonic Bluray player

Mixture of VDH First/First Ultimate/Second carbon and Audio Synthesis silverblue I/C cables and Audio Synthesis Silverblue SP/ VDH Revelation speaker cables.

I'm located about 10-15 mins from junction 5 OR 6 on the M6.

Any correspondence by PMs please.

regards,

Gary.

I've noticed that there a number of 'Open House' threads on this forum at the moment.

At one time there used to be a thread where people happy to entertain visitors by arrangement could post.

It wasn't for bake offs as such, more that you listed your system, your location (if not already in your profile) and wammers could contact you if they wanted a listen.

Especially useful if you were looking to buy a bit of kit if you could hear it in someone's system in a domestic setting. I have had a few wammers pop round who were maybe interested in buying LVs or a Kuzma turntable.

Interested wammers could send you a PM and make an arrangement.

Maybe an idea to resurrect the thread or start a new one.

Lots of individual threads slip down the pages and become hard to find.

My kit list is in my profile but probably better to list it in full on a thread, that would make it searchable.

To start, I live in Hove, East Sussex

Rega Saturn CDP

Kuzma Stabi S turntable, Stogi S tonearm, Audionote Io cartridge.

Audio Note (Japan) S6c SUT, Audio Note M3 (phono) pre-amp.

Custom built 300B Push Pull mono block amplifiers

Living Voice OBX-R2 speakers

BTW, As much as I take the piss out of valves and LV's (tongue only slightly in cheek), this system is the effing muts nuts and I would swap it for mine tomorrow. If you get a chance, have a listen.

In Brittany, Gourin, but you're welcome around to have a listen if you're ibn the area. Wine, beer and crisos are provided. Biscuits and tea are for girls. Kit includes. 300B Valves in PSE Soundcraftsmen amp and pre (american pro stuff modded for home use) Roksan Xerxes with an Audio Origami moded Rega R200 and DL110 cartridge. Unison research CD Primo valve output CDP Victor SX7 speakers and Lowther fidelio Horns. All this lot can be swapped about fairly easily and i'm happy for you to bring your kit to try out. Cables are a mix of cheap foo and non foo items. Music is varied with a leaning towards techno and Neil Young/Zappa