BD Audio

Retro cars

227 posts in this topic

Dealer

I've been fiddling with Renault 5 Turbos for a while, I know Nick (enbee23) has a MK2 golf, anyone else got a retro motor?

Had them in the past, started in a Fiat 600, then mostly air cooled Volkswagens including a 1302S and a long nosed type 3 notch back of which there were only 6 in the country. A job that demanded reliable transport put an end to it in 1994 and I am left with a retro (but thoroughly modern) motor cycle.

Dealer
g4442.jpg

Dealer
user325_pic14385_1294325125.jpg

Dealer

My back aches lol.

Ran a mk 1 golf cabrio as a second car up until a couple of years ago, until I moved in with the missus. Loved that car. Used to clean it three times a week even if I didn't drive it. It was a 1988 clipper in White (so 80s hairdresser!!)5gt looks well jack, my mate had a raider a few years ago and still has a mint g plate grey 5 turbo, only 47k miles, quite tweaked, but it's the handling that makes it so much fun. he also has an original haro master freestyler that he had from new - bet that's worth a few quid now! Hmmm bmxs that's an idea for a new thread.I am hoping to get on the vw air cooled path at some point, a few if my mates have early drag racer bugs. Mine will be a later less desirable 70s one with a more genteel engine!

Dealer

Gthang has a burner.

I bought this Corrado new in 1990. At the time I knew Arron Newman from Neuspeed, So I did exactly what he was doing to his at the same time he was developing the parts.

His was the first VW to make the Road and Track Supercar edition. This one has 68k on the clock, basically sits in the garage for nice days. Totally original paint, everything, as first modified. Basically flawless. 17lbs boost and whatknot.

Great car for road rallies etc..

DSC_0158.JPGDSC_0161.JPG

left-arrow.png

right-arrow.png

DSC_0155.JPG

Dealer

There's a massive VW festival at the show ground in my town next weekend, BVF. It's pretty cool.

I have a old Honda Aerodeck exi D reg with 40k and no rust its my 6th Aerodeck. I also do the retro bike thing z650 b1 , gpz900r a8 and a gpz750. I built a double garage with a pit. Come Saturday morning there is nothing better than pottering about in the garage with a few beers and Off the ball on the wireless.

Remember the 5 Turbos well, my wife had one as a company motor, which meant it could be mercilessly thrashed..

High points where the on/off turbo boost, and plenty of wheelspin, good handling and quirky French interiors.. Low points were the lift off oversteer, heavy clutch, and being able to see sky, through the top of the doors at 100mph plus.. Great fun though :^

One of my mates still has a 5 Turbo, except he dropped the GTX 1.7 blokc into it and worked magic on that... Fierce little thing.