anubisgrau

Kuzma parts & pieces - IC

22 posts in this topic

I have two items I may not need anymore so here they are:

Kuzma Stogi arm, a normal (bearing) version from early 90s. Good condition, light use, everything plays as it should be. Some VdH wires inside as it was sold with.

Kuzma Stabi S disc, due to an upgrade to a very hi-tech, aftermarket disc.

Open to reasonable offers - PM me.

Thanks!

EDIT: Obviously, when I wrote Stabi S disc, I meant - platter.

[quote name='paraheadache']Hi, What is the S disc?[/QUOTE]

It's a proof of my miserable English. I meant platter. Sorry.

The ad is now amended, thanks.

The Stogi S (fitted as standard to the Stabi S) is a unipivot, the original Stogi tonearm was standard configuration

An extra platter is a good upgrade to the Stabi S, I have two (in total not two extra!) fitted to mine.

Thanx Kevin, exactly.

The arm I have for sale is Stogi, which is a step above Stogi S in the Kuzma's hierarchy.

Not sure about the UK prices but Stogi S European RRP is around 850 euros, while "normal" Stogi (I have for sale) is somewhere around 1300E new.

Would be happy with 1/3 of that price.

As for the platter, I have no idea what to ask, make me an offer if you really want it.

Note to Kuzma Stabi/ S owners. just peel the platter mat and stick this under your current one for the full 'heavy platter' effect.

[quote name='sq225917']Note to Kuzma Stabi/ S owners. just peel the platter mat and stick this under your current one for the full 'heavy platter' effect.[/QUOTE]

don't get it, did you say that peeling of Kuzma's glued mat off equals having two platters?

didn't try that but two platters is a significant upgrade and even better is an aftermarket sandwich platter (it's not a kuzma product).

i'll post the pics later. a dramatic upgrade IMHO.

back to topic, a few offers for the platter - i'll review them later next week and let you know.

No, you need to peel off one platter mat to get two Kuzma platters to stack correctly

Thanks Simon.

OK - I did a bit more thorough check on the price for Stogi. It's RRP 1200 pounds, would give it for 400 pounds plus shipping from Belgrade (or maybe Frankfurt, I can most likely arrange that and will be cheaper)

The last offer for it in the UK was asking 575 pounds. [url]http://www.audiosmile.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-24514.html[/url]

It's this arm:

[IMG]http://www.jay-audio.com/store/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Kuzma_Stogi_Tone_4b6545febbc0e.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks everybody for highlighting the difference between the Stogi's, currently using a Alphason HR100s which i'm totally happy with....but.......anyone with any comments if this is a improvement on the Alpha knowing i could move it for the same money?,if it's a sideway i'll not bother with the hassle.

TIA.

I think the Stogi s is cheaper as there is less of it. Is it inferior in terms of sound? Anybody?

[quote name='wiicrackpot'] currently using a Alphason HR100s which i'm totally happy with.[/QUOTE]#

If that's the case stay put, you might regret changing:^