Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ears

speaker stands' base plates

12 posts in this topic

[b]kingsxfan wrote: [/b][quote][b]wolfgang wrote: [/b][quote]This version posterior look promising.
[/quote]
You mean the lady in the short dress?[/quote]
Great men think alike. Just wishher hands were not in the way for us to havea better view.

[b]meninblack wrote: [/b][quote][b]SSM wrote: [/b][quote]I'll see if I get get through the night knowing that the screws on my base plates aren't fully screwed in. There's something psychologically unsatisfying about knowing that.:(

SS
[/quote]

:doh:The true cause of the problem, of course, is that your floor is not perfectly flat. :shock:

If it were, all the spikes could be screwed in exactly the same amount. ;)
[/quote]
You're trying to mind-fuck me, right? :X

Well, you've succeeded, ya evil scumbag!:off: Looks like I have to dismantle the stands this weekend and reassemble them meticulously from scratch - if I'm to regain my peace of mind. If the spikes are still not level then, I'm suing my flooring contractor.

I hate you:(

As Rockmeister says,
"If you want to 'test' how good your hifi is against a known source, then go ahead and choose kit that reproduces acoustic music accurately"

I suppose the question leading to my posting is "How do you do this for electrical / electronic music?" since the original sound of the source is unknown?????

Ears [img]images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

[b]Alex_A wrote: [/b][quote][b]nashb wrote: [/b][quote]Hi Me Lord

Yes they are Canadian.

Im looking for clarity, detail and BASS!!!!! :rockin:

Nash[/quote]
Then for the love of God buy a Krell KAV-400xi
[/quote]

:party:

:^

:cool:

A wonderful, wonderful integrated amp which is transparent and powerful. Fabulous bass. Worked very well with my Dynaudio's at the time...

Also worth considering: Densen

Yes, black is the new silver. :^

A Krell KAV400xi in black is the way forward. :cool:

(rare though - most used ones are silver - because obviously owners are replacing their dated silver kit with black kit)

Hasn't Duvet still got a pair of Advantage 250w monoblocks for sale?

They should grip your speakers well enough for decent bass control, and weren't they designed by the chap who used to design for Primare (Mr. Bladelius) - so they're very transparent in that Scandinavian way. They are silver but the faceplate is hewn from billet aluminium so none of yer cheap bling...

All that's needed then is a pre-amp... [plug mode on] I've still got a silver Litz-wired Lumley passive pre for sale[/plug mode]

[b]enbee23 wrote: [/b][quote][b]Leonard Smalls wrote: [/b][quote][b]rmcin626 wrote: [/b][quote]and I quote it would do his street cred F**K all good - the forester by way.

[/quote]

Then in that case tell him to buy and insure his own car if cred's all he's looking for...

When I was 19 I had a set of working legs and a road pushbike to get me about - further distances were by thumb (when I were young etc)...

Then I got a motorbike licence to teach me how to use the roads defensively - and bikes have definitely got more cred than a Saxo with "Racing" written on the windscreen and a baked beans can for an exhaust!

This was my first bike (well one like it - mine was a bit more battered)[img]http://www.classicbikes.co.uk/images/250kawa1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

:goodone:

This thread is amazing. If any offspring of mine expected me to shell out that amount of money purely to improve his or her street cred, I'd tell them to eff off and start saving for themselves. Nowt wrong with a simple/small/slow/old/cheap car when you're young, plenty of time later on for better things.
Maybe I'm just a miserable old git though?!
[/quote]
At no time did I say I was paying for it, he has sold his old car a Punto and saved the rest himeself including the £1500 it will cost to insure anything he buys. I'm just trying to make sure he does not buy a a heap of Shite. and in passin there is no way I would allow him to buy a bike. They were fine in the 60's when the roads were quieter. just my opinion lol

They do vary. The BC1 has the best treble of any speaker that I have ever owned though when driven by a decent amp. If you mix old monitor speakers and high powered digital amps with high damping factors, this can work well.