lee1975

power

8 posts in this topic

I was with my friend J.Wood who is a electronic genius. He was talking to me and showing about electric from our mains. He plugged this thing(over my head sorry) into the mains and shown me how the wave should look and what we all get and how the wave goes flat at the top and bottom.

He told me this is no good at all for sound quality as I am sure you are aware. It is due to the power grid being over loaded you proberbly know this as well. But what he told me next makes me sick. They will not sort out the problem as they are making more money from us. For example if a kettle cost 10p to boyle on a healthy mains and our mains due to the flat response and being over loaded it costs us 15p. Just using this as an example the figures are not correct but sure you get the picture.

So we dont get a pure sound from the power grid due to the power company making more money out of us. The Barstards.

That is simply not true. Meters measure true power regardless of waveform shape.

If anything they will under-read due to real devices having a non-zero power factor. Well, sort of, you don't actually consume the power, you just "borrow" the extra, but it still has to be supplied.

Buy some super expensive audio kettle leads. That will fix the flat spots in the pylons :^

Butuz

Lee!

You are talking about John wood... He is the nicest guy on the planet and an absolute genius when it comes to amplifier design.

He has lots of great equipment, but only plays country and western through it (that's his taste). Need I say more.

I admire John very much, but he thinks in a way that most of use could not even begin to relate to.

Just ask him when your amp will be completed and agree with everything else.

John:)