barnacle bill

Sick of 'Hi-Fi' shit, let's talk musicality...

72 posts in this topic

Okay, i don't want to get in to technical bullshit though i could via wiki-bollock's talk...

But i do want to talk about un-aldulterateded musical pleasure and how you get it..

It could be some high end vinyl solution or a Sonos via your Mac; i'm not interested in the crap tech shite, just what floats your boat..

What i will start with and you will probably ridicule with my musical piece is the Sony Playstation 1. Okay, yes, fuck me, but i love this kit and it trounce's every (well that is a statement i cant back up) budget CDP on the market blah, blah, yea, yea, heard it before, shite. Truly though for a tenner (and for sure it's copped up before) you can't beat it.

Over to you ......

Okay, i don't want to get in to technical bullshit though i could via wiki-bollock's talk...

But i do want to talk about un-aldulterateded musical pleasure and how you get it..

It could be some high end vinyl solution or a Sonos via your Mac; i'm not interested in the crap tech shite, just what floats your boat..

What i will start with and you will probably ridicule with my musical piece is the Sony Playstation 1. Okay, yes, fuck me, but i love this kit and it trounce's every (well that is a statement i cant back up) budget CDP on the market blah, blah, yea, yea, heard it before, shite. Truly though for a tenner (and for sure it's copped up before) you can't beat it.

Over to you ......

i got a sony 337es for 7.50, so yes you can beat a sony games console for a tenner.:^

you just need to know where to look.

I don't normally use the LOL, but in this case 7.50 does it..

Seriously though, i'm alway's interested in some CDP pleasure be it cheap or nasty...

Nice find..

For me it's gotta be Napster/Spotify via my Sonos and AS Dax Discrete and direct to my amps and speakers. Practically any artist and album of my choosing at the touch of a few buttons, without getting out of my chair, and the ability to listen to endless amounts of unheard and unexplored material all covered by a low, fixed monthly fee. Suits me down to the ground, especially seeing as I'm a mature student living on a student loan.

Over to you ......

i have met a few good shop retailers owners in the hifi selling world , but i wonder if many of the others would really have too much of a idea about what you are talkingabout , some of them seem to not even be able to keep a small pile of clean cds for demos ,

funny world selling hii, and the maufacturers are sometimes poor as well , its a real strange thing to try to hook customers and sell em another box of tricks, new this or that ,

for a tenner i am going to try one , if you sem one for sle pleas pm me i would love to give one a good.

lowendall

Over to you ......

Most audiophiles would not know musical from shit.Just listen to the vast majority of "audiophile recordings."And then there is the mob wanting grandiose sonic fireworks-Dire Straights Brothers in Bloody Arms type studio contrivances.Or worse still Casandra Wilson/Patricia Barber/Jennifer Warnes with all that processed bass.And that Chesky plinky plonk rubbish.

They are in to listening at their hi fi system not to the music.

For me it's iPad, Airport Express, Abrahamsen DAC Electrocompaniet amp and Martin Logan speakers. Music with a capital M.

spotify on the laptop with some (old) beyer dynamic dt211's. Not stunning, but enough music to last for ever! And my advice when you get the 'need a new box' itch? Spend the money on music instead! (then buy a cheaper box :doh:)

The way I see it, there are two kinds of hifi fans:

1. Can't afford to box swap every week, so they talk about "musicality" :shock:

2. Can afford to box swap every week, so they talk about "hifi" :doh:

But seriously, it's a hobby where some choose one way, some choose the other. Stop being vehement about it and just enjoy what you personally want from it. The world's big enough for all schools of thought, you know.

More importantly: get out more, go listen to real life concerts if you want to REALLY appreciate the musical experience. I've got Bruckner 3 concert lined up to listen to this evening, should be awesome.

Most audiophiles would not know musical from shit.Just listen to the vast majority of "audiophile recordings."And then there is the mob wanting grandiose sonic fireworks-Dire Straights Brothers in Bloody Arms type studio contrivances.Or worse still Casandra Wilson/Patricia Barber/Jennifer Warnes with all that processed bass.And that Chesky plinky plonk rubbish.

They are in to listening at their hi fi system not to the music.

What a load of bollocks, who are 'most audiophiles'?

:nup:

There are those who know what they want and have a plan to get there and there are those who haven't a clue.

Start with an Audio Note Io

But seriously, it's a hobby where some choose one way, some choose the other. Stop being vehement about it and just enjoy what you personally want from it. The world's big enough for all schools of thought, you know.

More importantly: get out more, go listen to real life concerts if you want to REALLY appreciate the musical experience. I've got Bruckner 3 concert lined up to listen to this evening, should be awesome.

What tripe.