rabski

I've won

22 posts in this topic

Genuinely, I seem to have beaten it.

I have worked for years to get the sound I wanted, and by magic, I seem to have won.

I thought it sounded pretty good at Scalford, but now I've added the Well Tempered deck and tweaked a few bits, and by God it sounds decent enough.

I could maybe use a touch more bite in the mids, but the ESLs are so clear that it's realistic enough, and anything that would add a bit of sharpness would take away from that stunning transparency.

I have JM Jarre, live in China on the WT at the moment. The yoots and SWMBO are all out, and it's wound up a bit, and I really LOVE it. Deep bass rattles the windows, every time someone speaks I turn around, because it sounds like someone in the room. And when I sit in the hot seat and listen, I feel like a teenager again.

Christ, it's good when it all comes together.

Couldnt agree with you more Richard. A good turntable will give you so much pleasure, a really great turntable is awesome! And of course the WT and their pick up arm is amongst those.
S

Good news Richard. Aren't new TTs great :D

[quote name='Biscuit']you've won, but you've already identified an area you aren't [I]quite[/I] satisfied with? With this being the 'wam, I'm naturally concerned that your victory might be short lived :P[/QUOTE]
Don't push him just yet! Congrats, mate. Don't tell the other half, she'll expect you to spend money on things for her now. ;-)

Nice one, Rabski! It's always good when a plan comes together and you get that perfect sound. Jarre Live in China is a fantastic album too. Check out Aero, also by Jarre - I think you'll be impressed.

Of course it isn't perfect Biccy, but I can't make it perfect. But it's bloody stunning.

Look at my history of buying and selling, and most of it is long term. I have little splurges of changing fundamental bits, then I tweak what I have to make it as good as it can get.

And it is as good as it can get. And at my budget, it's pretty well as good as it's going to get.

Improvements? Better cartridge, decent SUT, better transport and better DAC all for the future. But these are longer term and nothing that I can't live without.

Happy bunny at Rab Towers.

=

[quote name='nsherin']Nice one, Rabski! It's always good when a plan comes together and you get that perfect sound. Jarre Live in China is a fantastic album too. Check out Aero, also by Jarre - I think you'll be impressed.[/QUOTE]

Got it. But I really love China. The bass is stunning!

[quote name='rabski']Got it. But I really love China. The bass is stunning![/QUOTE]

I've not listened to China for a while - I think it may well be the next album on tonight's playlist!

Just put 'China' on and cranked the volume up - sounding fecking awesome! :^

[quote name='nsherin']I've not listened to China for a while - I think it may well be the next album on tonight's playlist![/QUOTE]

Ooh, love it! :^

The audience clapping in unison at the start of Equinoxe VII never fails to raise the hairs on the back of my neck :)

The 2CD Hong Kong set is also worth getting, for Digi Sequencer and a really good live version of Chronologie 6 (one of my favourite live Jarre tracks).

The Forbidden City DVD/CD set is great too :^

Got the Fobidden City one - fantastic set!

I've only got the single disc version of Jarre Live in HK. I was actually living in HK at the time of the concert, but I do not recall any advertising for it - a damn shame, as I'm sure my dad and I would have definitely bought tickets, both being fans of Jarre.

Must look out for that 2 CD version!

Images is also worth getting for the 3 unreleased tracks - Eldorado, Moon Machine and Globetrotter, even if it is a Greatest Hits package. Still love the pulsating, thumping beats of Oxygene Part II and the smoothness of Oxygene Part V.