Bourney

`this' close to selling my hifi to buy this:

38 posts in this topic

http://www.evvo.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=21593

my old car, i have won shows with this when it was my `hobby'.I was away at shows most weekends and it came with a great social life. I owned it from 5 months old - it was a VW dem car so it felt like just `my' car. When i met the wife, it just became a car rather than something I pampered and I stopped spending all weekend waxing it and cleaning brakes etc . It broke my heart when we had to sell it to buy a family friendly car when baby arrived. When we went to pick the new car up, none of us spoke in the car and it was genuinely a sad day in our house.Maisie was gutted. she love dteh beetle.

Then - now - 14 months later, it appeared for sale and a club member told me about it on Saturday...

by 11 o clock on staurday night I had decided to sell my whole hifi to buy this back and i couldn't sleep with excitement.

By sunday lunchtime, I had gone all sensible and changed my mind thinking about petrol and insurance costs etc. How my life has changed!!! :? I never thought my hifi would feel more important to me than my beetle. my hifi was my 2nd hobby really. My hifi has always been a passive thing that and i saw it as a bit of savings fund, so if i wanted anything, i sold some hifi kit and repenished it when i had money again. shows what a proper hifi nerd i have become :D I know its not a rare old car or anything but it was the love of my life for around 5 years.

if anyone wants a fast, fun car in good condition, this is a good buy.

Get a grip man, it's a make beleive beetle, not even a real one. it probably has all sorts of nice things such as: a quiet engine, working brakes, air con, handling abilities, half decent suspension.....and where is the fun in having all of that? Keep the HiFi and stop being silly young man:)

Chavva-dabba-doo! :D Since you are married and (presumably) no longer need to hang around the school gates trying to pull 16-year olds, there isn't really any need for this kind of car, is there?

Keep the hi-fi.

Its a fucking chav bird's car! :doh:

Beetles have bloody vases on the dashboard FFS.

Beetles have bloody vases on the dashboard FFS.

Come to think of it, that is just so true, all the modern VW thingies ( I refurse to call em beetles, cause they aint) that I have seen are driven by girlies and actually have flowers on the dash, well observed Sir,

Has the original link been hacked?

The reason I ask is that when I click on it to view this much loved and cherished classic, all I can seem to see is a chavved up Golf with no suspension and some funny looking bodywork.

;-)

obviously it wasn't on that ridiculous suspension when i owned it and i would have been returned to the suspension it had when i sold it, if i had it back.

I loved that car. But i can obviously see there is no fans of them in this place! (understatement!)

a chav's car!!!?? :(

Whatever you think of the fake beetle, it's hardly a rare car. This example has had it's suspension butchered by barryboys; god only knows what other mistreatment it has suffered. If you must have another one, better to find an unmolested example that has been owned by some nice girlie librarian, ie most of them. :D

Better yet - don't bother. It's just an uglier, less practical Golf. With a flower vase. :doh: Hitler would be gutted to see what a pig's ear they made of his classic design. :P