Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duvet

Perpetual Technologies

28 posts in this topic

Admin

Seeing as nothing in the one box player department jumped out and bit me at the show,has any one heard this combo in action as i may be leaning towards a dac /transport solution

590c97f0fa02756b29977d217d2704dcPB040008.JPG

PERPETUAL TECHNOLOGIES

P-1a Digital Correction Engine + P-3a DAC + P-3b power Supply

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

contact snapper, he has this dac, and recently comaapred to an Audio synthesis one, I believe he still has the PA1/3 etc

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Admin

Cheers AK . Saw the Bow gear at the show buton Saturday buthe wasn't demming it. Doesn't sound like we missed anything as everyone seems to be moaning about room acoustics

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard the full suite of P1, P3 and PSU driven by a Shanling glitter box and it sounded rather etched, a tadclinical. Now this may suit your listening tastes just fineDanny but I prefer a little bit of warmth myself.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duvet wrote:

Cheers AK . Saw the Bow gear at the show buton Saturday buthe wasn't demming it. Doesn't sound like we missed anything as everyone seems to be moaning about room acoustics
Nah it'll be the bow kit, it's shite really, lotta hype, I just keep it coz it looks good :)
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Effem wrote:

I've heard the full suite of P1, P3 and PSU driven by a Shanling glitter box and it sounded rather etched, a tad clinical.  Now this may suit your listening tastes just fine Danny but I prefer a little bit of warmth myself.

I've used this combo in my system for 4 years or so and the last thing I would call it is bright.

I don't want to start any arguments but AK will back me up when I say,using you cable with it made it sound,not so much bright,but grating.I use an Oracle transport,a fully loaded LP 12 and in a shootout between them and AK's Bow there wasn't a lot in it.

I've also got a Marantz 63 KI SIG which I now use in the kitchen system,and there is no comparison between that and my Oracle/PT spinner.Comparing the PT with an Audio Synthesis Dac Discrete (4K) I've decided to keep the PT.

I would urge you to dem if you can and/or find one s/hand.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah but "etched" isn't necessarily"bright" in my book snapper and of course the Shanling has it's own character to add to the mix. As with all things, best course of action is to play with it in your own system at home before deciding.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

analoguekid wrote:

Duvet wrote:
Cheers AK . Saw the Bow gear at the show buton Saturday buthe wasn't demming it. Doesn't sound like we missed anything as everyone seems to be moaning about room acoustics
Nah it'll be the bow kit, it's shite really, lotta hype, I just keep it coz it looks good :)

I have printed that statement and framed it, here at Wigwam HQ. :D:D:D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hifiwigwam wrote:

analoguekid wrote:
Duvet wrote:
Cheers AK . Saw the Bow gear at the show but on Saturday but he wasn't demming it.  Doesn't sound like we missed anything as everyone seems to be moaning about room acoustics
Nah it'll be the bow kit, it's shite really, lotta hype, I just keep it coz it looks good :)

I have printed that statement and framed it, here at Wigwam HQ. :D:D:D

You know what, I think AK has at last got some speakers good enough to reveal the truth :D:D:D:D:D:D:P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hawk wrote:

hifiwigwam wrote:

analoguekid wrote:
Duvet wrote:
Cheers AK . Saw the Bow gear at the show buton Saturday buthe wasn't demming it. Doesn't sound like we missed anything as everyone seems to be moaning about room acoustics
Nah it'll be the bow kit, it's shite really, lotta hype, I just keep it coz it looks good :)

I have printed that statement and framed it, here at Wigwam HQ. :D:D:D

You know what, I think AK has at last got some speakers good enough to reveal

the truth :D:D:D:D:D:D:P

Sorry, was listening to music, did anyone say something, yer all shite, hifi's shite, the world is shite, oh but my stereo reproduction system is sublime, better check the badges, jAMES HEAVE WE A TOUNGUE IN CHEEK SMILEY?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

analoguekid wrote

Sorry, was listening to music, did anyone say something, yer all shite, hifi's shite, the world is shite, oh but my stereo reproduction system is sublime, better check the badges, jAMES HEAVE WE A TOUNGUE IN CHEEK SMILEY?

No Way. Yerr not getting away with it.. you meant it and we all saw it.. nup nae way pal,... :raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hifiwigwam wrote:

analoguekid wrote

Sorry, was listening to music, did anyone say something, yer all shite, hifi's shite, the world is shite, oh but my stereo reproduction system is sublime, better check the badges, jAMES HEAVE WE A TOUNGUE IN CHEEK SMILEY?

No Way.  Yerr not getting away with it.. you meant it and we all saw it.. nup nae way pal,... :raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao:

Banged to rights springs to mind :fly::fly:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still having fun with my shitty system, hawk thanks

wigwam, get it up ye

sheesh, those nice Naim users are so much more inteligent than the rega wannabees, what a brash lot they are

:force:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its really the shite Bow system thats showing those emotions up for what they are, pile o' cack.

My Bow wazoo is shite and i only bought it as a doorstop and the arts make good coat hangers.

If thats true then i am a Frenchman.

:sw:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.