mr.me

Yarland Valve Amplifiers

5 posts in this topic

The design is copied from UR. I've never heard them, but from friends - from "Great stuff, especially for the money" through "You get, what you pay for" to "Rubbish". I know, this is probably of not much use, but that's the hearsay I've got :(

The FV34B got a very good write up in Hifi News from Ken Kessler if that means anything.

They don't seem to state it on the web site (at least I couldn't find it) but the article said they do a 30 day return for full refund policy.

look like pretty run of the mill chinese amps, in fact one looks like a clone of an EL34 amp I once had, worked perfectly and sounded ok, Dom may have something to say as he did some fiddling about inside. I still have chinese valve amps and have never had a bad one

heard one yesterday, from cold it sounded very good, source was ipod into Wadia dock, it had good soundstage with plenty of power on hand and very deep bass. I will try to hear it with a more musical front end one day.

The EL84 amp was a tiny little thing that you could almost call cute. For the price they are a bargain of sound. I had the TRI KT88 amp in my system for a weekend some time ago, now that was a lovely sounding amp :) about twice the price though.