Jezzer

'New' Sports Car?

416 posts in this topic

I'm 38 Coco!

Are you selling yours Polarbear? Doesn't the Merc do about 15mpg? (a 911 Carrera does about 25)

The Cayman S is a lovely car but is slightly less practical than a 911 (and isn't the only Porsche worth getting a 911?)

Super Mod

I average 25 out of my Merc, not bad for a 5.3l engine.

I'm 38 Coco!

Are you selling yours Polarbear? Doesn't the Merc do about 15mpg? (a 911 Carrera does about 25)

The Cayman S is a lovely car but is slightly less practical than a 911 (and isn't the only Porsche worth getting a 911?)

You old git!

The Gayman is actually a better car, but the 911 owners will never admit it...

Super Mod
5.3l?!? :shock:

you must have a light right paw

Not really, no. I still have great fun, if I drive carefully I have got the MPG over 30!

Ps, mines NOT for sale.

I had a Z4 3.0si coupe for a for a couple of years and loved it, apart from the slightly harsh ride comfort. Would have been better if I had got rid of the run-flat tyres. I tried the SLK and Boxster and really didn't see what all the fuss was about, but this is the sort of decision you make with your heart more than your head!

£28k will get you a new-shape XK, maybe not an "R". Also a DB7, a V12 coupe or a 6-cyl convertible. TBH the Jag is a better drive, but the Aston is much more desireable.

£20k will get you an SL 55 AMG Kompressor, although you'll pay at the pump for those 475 bhp. :shock:

It depends what you want - those are all great cars but will feel like enormous barges compared with a 911 or an NSX.

If you are serious about that mid-life crisis, £20k will also get you into a nice Cobra replica, or a TVR :nerves:The 911 and NSX will feel like enormous barges compared with these!

If you are serious about that mid-life crisis, £20k will also get you into a nice Cobra replica, or a TVR

I like the thinking - if you're going to do it, do it properly. :^

Of course, the Cobra must have nothing less than a 302 Ford Smallblock V8. I can attest that they are somewhat rapid - although only as a passenger.

The TVR would have to be a Rover-engined one, purely from the reliability aspect.

You could always go down the full-on hardcore route and get yourself a Caterham.

When you sell it, you wouldn't be 'an ex-Caterham owner', they prefer to describe former owners as 'between Caterhams'