Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sheva

The Ashes

99 posts in this topic

Its difficult to see how we can raise our game to the levels that we did last summer. Even making it a close series, say 2-1, might be a decent achievement, but i think its going to be a long hard winter. Anyone think we've got a squeak?

I don't fancy our chances at all.Pretty much the whole teamhappened upon good form last time 'round and coupled with home support and a misfiring Aussie team, we managed tosend them packing. It'll be a different story thistime. Playing in Oz and with several off-formkey members, coupled with an Aussie side who have been licking their wounds for 12 months - they'll be well up for it. Let's just hope that the Warne/Ponting/Buchanan squabbles keep them distracted....

Hate to say it but the Aussies are going to cream England. Having lived there and livinghere now, cricket is on a much different level there :yoda:, even playing recreationally. I would say that the series goes 3-1, bris-aus, adelaide-aus, perth-draw, mel-aus, sin city-aus (check that 4-0).

2005 was a good year. Ashes are going back to Oz. I couldn not believe that my Somerset lad Tresco was taken on tour again ...

Good luck Eng. We have the abilities - maybe just not the morale/tummies.

Ponting's decision not to enforce the follow-on shows the utter contempt in which he holds England's batsmen. :x I'm guessing they'll bat for a session tomorrow then declare again leaving England to bat for 5 sessions needing more than 700 runs.

What a kick in the nuts for Aussie arrogance if we could bat out! :)

Can't see it though...:(

HiFiWigWam wrote:

Lets hope we can bat out the day. After a dreadfl day at twickenham yesterday (WHY THE FUCK HAS HE NOT RESIGNED YET?) I could do with some good news. I'll take a draw as it would be such a kick in the nuts for that penis Ponting.

Nothing wrong with Ponting Mr Wigwam - class batsman and has been seriously hurt by losing the ashes last year. Wish we had a few more like him in our team. You need to be ruthless with the aussies as they are too good for anything but a 100% England team.

meninblack wrote:

A much more promising start to the second test. :D

Decent startby England but it just shows the importance of winning the toss and batting first on these 'flat' Australian wickets. Had the Aussies won the toss again, I dare say England would now be in a similar position to the first match.

If we can score 450+, that will put a little pressure on the Aussie batsmen -but thenour bowlers will need a big improvement from last time to take any advantage.

At least we mightactually have a match this time though! :upgrade: