The Audio Warehouse

New Acoustic Signature Manfred MKII Turntable

13 posts in this topic

DEALER

We have taken Acoustic Signature as a replacement brand to some other products and one of the items is this new version of the Manfred turntable. Now in MKII version with new platter/bearing/feet etc. Supplied normally with no arm for £1699 but with a choice of REGA, Linn, SME to name a few armboards. I have been quite shocked at its performance against the likes of the Funk Saffire! So, don't take my word for it, come and have a listen.

As an introductory offer, I will be supplying the decks with a brand new RB251 which will be modified by Audio Origami with internal/external cardas cables, VDH cartridge tags, Chrome end weight/end stubb and foam filled arm tube! All in for £1999! And, in addition, 20% off any Clearaudio, Grado, Goldring or Ortofon cartridge when purchased at the same time.

This offer will also apply to the New Barzetti Turntable for £120 less.

b16505d1.jpg

cccb2714.jpg

3568ef32.jpg

I remember hearing one of these at an Effem bake-off a few years ago with a Series V on it. A very capable deck & a good price.

DEALER

Thanks chaps, I like it. Super timing and bass weight. As this is the MKII, you will see from the pictures below the differences in the MKI. The bearing is a dry type and the platter is now much thicker.

1cbed349.jpg

MK1 Below

4211ab86.jpg

In addition, the armboard has it's own VTA so any rega arm needs no spacers

DEALER

Hi Anthony, Many thanks. Actually there are some new models in addition to the already mentioned Manfred MKII and Barzetti......

Lighting £2856

Storm £3612

Thunder £5994

And..... the new range topper Ascona at £16560. Some on view at the Heathrow show this weekend.

f44cc487.jpg

always thought as grand reference looked a bit mental

don,t know how to post a photo of one

great sounding decks with stunning finish

DEALER

JB

Now that's a hard one to answer lol Range is being slimlined slightly but I will have a further four to demonstrate next week. From the models tested so far, it is very much like SME in principle.....Further up the range, you get more of the same Signature. I am taken with all of them so far but the new Storm model is a good balance across the range but when the Ascona comes to me to play with well err. Seriously, I cant fault them in any price range. The Barzetti is really doing well and with the AO arm it's a real star.

DEALER

Here we have a Barzetti awaiting to go out with an Audio Origami 251 (as per the offer above). This deck I really like, performs well above it's price.

c652ec27.jpg

63775443.jpg

Now to the new Storm, a silent master! currently on test with me and using a funk FXRII arm and an SME 4

44f29aeb.jpg

The Thunder. Currently pictured with the Funk 12" and rather dodgy adaptor plate lol. Three way psu able to take three motors. Deck also tested with PU7, RB1000 and SME 5

ec9e63f0.jpg

These decks are so well engineered and sound superb against SME's etc

In addition to anyone taking up the offer I mentioned above, The Importer and I will be offering the AstinTrew AT8000 MM/MC phonostage at £599 (£899) with all Acoustic Signature tables sold which will also apply to the Audio Origami offer above.

2610340b.png

How does the Manfred II compare with a Linn LP12 + Lingo 2 + EKos 2 + Troika ?

who knows? at an informed guess?... better.

Hi tech dry type bearing, effectively a thread drive, billet mass loaded platter, and tweaked tweekers favourite arm - the RB250.

It'd feel like thrashing a kid at swing ball.