Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nixon_fiend

well well well ! a mythical beastie

16 posts in this topic

yeah and the power supply is another £4k IIRC!!!!!!

Looks more Mark Levinson than Naim though, may not look as nice sitting on fraim with differently styled Naim esoterica

Admin

Got to be honest it does everything very well indeed but the design of thetop loading mechanism looks too big and clumsy too me. I now its a small foible as the sound is all that matters but for £14 k i want my cake and eat it. Now the Bow stuff i saw yesterday was nice eye candy to my eyes.

I hear the cd555 has the same chipset as the cds3...  they couldn't do better..  So 'improvements' come in the shape of OTT support and powersupplies... ?  Is there really a need for it?  I think it's naim's attempt to be taken seriously in a market of over-priced esoterica...   The people paying that kind of money for hifi have it in abundance.. why bother with a £7k naim cdp  when zanden, Teac, DCS purdell, phonosophie .. etc etc  produce machines with much higher price tags??   They must be better?This way Naim doesn't look to have 'run out of steam' shall we shall? Around the sub-esoterica mark..  Still able to offer an 'ultimate' system.Well, good move on their part.. great marketing - albeit transparent?

The naimees will still buy it in abundance :naim::naim::naim::naim: