SSM

Tennis, anyone?

5,566 posts in this topic

Wow Andy Murray was good tonight. I understand Davy had been stirring a little:KH:

OK I'm 25% Scottish but I am not nationalistic in anyway - to put in context I would FAR rather watch Steffi Graf or Justine Henin anytime. But Solid old mate we know you're jesting and more than anyone represent what is brilliant about this place but I suggest you wind in a little. AM has arguably a more complete game than Nadal or Djokovic I know when it comes to the latter stages of a major he can fluff his lines, and he doesn't quite have the media presence of Roger but as has been stated in just about any other era he would in all likelihood have bagged several slams and I for one hope he prevails.

As for Jackie Stewart his achievements were almost without equal and F1 is as much a sport as anything else :^

Gawd, shocker of the day. Stratie is 25% haggis and bagpipes. Explains the unwillingness to upgrade the old hifi for yonks and the budget vacations.:P

I'm 12.5% so I'm not too afflicted.:dunno:

It was a confident display from AM in the first round considering who his opponent was. Agassi's recent interview was probably spot-on - AM could have won a few in the Courier-Sampras-Agassi era. But he's in the wrong (i.e. Super) era and Federer and Nadal are going to be the top two players of all time. Had they been contemporaries with Sampras, they would have made him and Agassi look quite ordinary.

A fourth SF showing will be respectable for AM. Whether he takes it a step further actually depends on one of the top 3 making a slip-up or injury IMO.

SS

I'm 12.5% so I'm not too afflicted.:dunno:

SS

It's the .5% which explains the cheap DACs and squawky speakers rather than a more sustainable investment ;-)

:off:Its the other 87.5% of my lineage that stopped me from wasting money on that Naim DAC which didn't do shit for my music. I'm rolling around in a heap of Nespresso capsules and KFC as a result.:cool:

btw I can tell that AM drinks cheap coffee.

SS