In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 garbled posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

rabski

Sarcasm

28 posts in this topic

We obviously need to be inordinately careful what we post here.

On the other hand, go take a bath with all your equipment. Plugged in. You will be amazed what it does to the sound.

Best of luck.

PS: You might first want to look up 'irony' and 'sarcasm' in the dictionary. If you do not know what a dictionary is, try the library. If you do not know what a library is, try a teacher. If you do not know what a dictionary, library or teacher is. Go and lie on some railway lines. Elucidation will be forthcoming.

:doh:

Me? Probably quite a few people to be honest. Actually, almost countless.

However, in this case, the direction of pissing is reversed.

Just some halfwit taking what I'd posted deliberately out of context. Possibly, I think, the seller of a particularly unsafe cable on a well-known auction site who took exception to a few people pointing out the obvious.

Worry not Ian, the world is full of small people with proportionally-sized brains.

Got you. Sarcastic bugger. Come on, bloody funny though. I mean there was factual correctness too, the electricity couldn't get through, it's a good point.

Silly, silly man. Always suspected it.

.. ??

[quote name='Ian']Got you. Sarcastic bugger. Come on, bloody funny though. I mean there was factual correctness too, the electricity couldn't get through, it's a good point.[/QUOTE]

The world has gone mad Ian. The only regret I have is that Frank isn't here to see it. If there is an afterlife, I hope he's composing a tune about this.

[quote name='rabski']We obviously need to be inordinately careful what we post here.

On the other hand, go take a bath with all your equipment. Plugged in. You will be amazed what it does to the sound.

Best of luck.

PS: You might first want to look up 'irony' and 'sarcasm' in the dictionary. If you do not know what a dictionary is, try the library. If you do not know what a library is, try a teacher. If you do not know what a dictionary, library or teacher is. [B]Go and lie on some railway lines[/B]. Elucidation will be forthcoming.

:doh:[/QUOTE]

All good advice Richard especially the bit in bold:^ :shock:

It makes a right bloody mess TBH! It might very well get me some time off work & even a compo payment, but i'd rather not TBH.

Please boys & girls even if you're a complete idiot that struggles with 'irony' and 'sarcasm' don't lie on the railway lines, it ruins my day! :X It does feed the local cats though. :dunno:

[quote name='rabski']go take a bath with all your equipment. Plugged in. You will be amazed what it does to the sound.

:doh:[/QUOTE]

Well having the utmost respect for Rabski I decided to try this.

I filled the bath up with lovely hot water and some nice jasmine bubble bath:roll:, placed my kit in the bath - had a job getting the speaker stands in tbh.

Got a 25m extension lead from the garage as there are no plugs in my bathroom and plugged everything in. Got undressed:love: and before I got in I switched it on at the mains plug in the corridor- and it just went zzzz, pffffff, bang:shock:.

I think maybe the sound stage had widened a touch;-) and I certainly heard things I'd never noticed before, along with a strange burning smell, but other than that I didn't think it was a worthwhile upgrade. Oh and I should have remembered to remove the spikes from the stands as I pierced my left foot and had to go to casualty:doh: