Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt J

Was this a good price?

22 posts in this topic

Matt J wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&item=140044684639&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Missed out cause I was in feckin bed :wall:

I think I woul dof paid that for them, although you dont know how much the winner put on them, but still.

Sorry but that was OUTRAGEOUSLY good!!! even for reworked examples - new currently retail at £1850, and just checked, the conversion kit alone is £300!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Some lucky cnut got an AMAZING baragin...

Where were all of these when I was looking for a pair :Not Sure:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but the seller only has 8 feedback and the bidders identities were kept private - so its verging a little on the dodgy. Hence explaining why there is so few bids and such a cheap price. Also they're listed as available worldwide, but the description says collection only; doesn't quite add up.

So if its any consolation, you may have just missed a scam... :shock:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arfa wrote:

Yes, but the seller only has 8 feedback and the bidders identities were kept private - so its verging a little on the dodgy. Hence explaining why there is so few bids and such a cheap price. Also they're listed as available worldwide, but the description says collection only; doesn't quite add up.

So if its any consolation, you may have just missed a scam... :shock:

Fairpoint your Maj:^Though "collection only" doesn't sit well with a scam - but always keeps prices down...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Neats are stunners and would be a give away at that price.I love the sound of Totems but the Neat Petite has been favored to the Totem model 1 sigs (1600GBP)by thoes who have heard them together.

Neat speakers are a steal compared to some other brands,and a give away second hand,the petite is just superb.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont think it was a scam, seller has another pair of speakers on auction.

Collection prefered or he travels about so could meet up possibly deliver, not really the words of a scammer.

Also they are the ones that were on hi-fi forsale, I think if it were a scam it would be a £99 starting bid with a buy it now of £700 contact via this email only etc etc.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get the odd bargin on ebay. It is getting harder especially with all the scammers these days. A while back I got a pair of Cura CA30's which retialed at £1700 for just over £400. Best of all it was from a local Audio T shop, so they delivered them to me for free. Also got a pair of the next Cura model down CA21 for just over £200. They retailed at £1200 when new.

I use them for the front and rear speakers in my AV set up now. I'm looking for the smallest of their range now the CA10 to use as a centre and that's me done.:oj:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kennyk wrote:

see, Matt, if you'd had a woman, you would have been nagged out of bed to put some shelves up Hours before the end of the auction... ;):P:peace:

highly unlikely, I wouldnt be throwing a sicky to put up some shelves, first mention of that and I'd be off back to work

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It smacks of you come and collect while I rob your house.

You have all had a close call, this has scam written all over it,

Regards

PB

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen this thread..... Guess I must be a lucky cnut then since I was the winning bidder! :oj::cool:

In fact, it's all kosher. These are the same pair that were for sale on hififorsale.com. I rang the seller up before the auction end to confirm it all before I placed a bid.

I'm being completely transparent here: I've actaully bought them to sell on. Having done a bit of research though, it seems they are supposed to be rather special! The thing is, I'm VERY happy with my PMC's and these would have to do something REALLY REALLY special to convince me of ditching them. Having said that though, I'm going to be open minded and put them up against the PMC's to see which one I prefer..... let battle commence!!

:force:

Earl: Am I correct in saying you recently ditched your Coherent modded PMC's for standard Neat Elite's? What are your impressions so far? Do you think I'm going to like the Neats? Will they work well with the rest of my kit?

Lefty

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lefty wrote:

Just seen this thread..... Guess I must be a lucky cnut then since I was the winning bidder! :oj::cool:

In fact, it's all kosher. These are the same pair that were for sale on hififorsale.com. I rang the seller up before the auction end to confirm it all before I placed a bid.

I'm being completely transparent here: I've actaully bought them to sell on. Having done a bit of research though, it seems they are supposed to be rather special! The thing is, I'm VERY happy with my PMC's and these would have to do something REALLY REALLY special to convince me of ditching them. Having said that though, I'm going to be open minded and put them up against the PMC's to see which one I prefer..... let battle commence!!

:force:

Earl: Am I correct in saying you recently ditched your Coherent modded PMC's for standard Neat Elite's? What are your impressions so far? Do you think I'm going to like the Neats? Will they work well with the rest of my kit?

Lefty

well done mate, Just put my mind at rest, what was your maximum bid? you might struggle moving them on for a profit now everybody know what you paid :lmao:

Polarbear wrote:

It smacks of you come and collect while I rob your house.

You have all had a close call, this has scam written all over it,

Regards

PB

Blimey, your a being a bit para about these aint ya PB?

Would you go to the trouble of putting all the speel about being modded to SE spec etc? scammers are lazy, they just copy other peoples auctions and start them off with a low bid like $99, not £400 :shock:

I know scams are quite common, and they're also piss easy to spot, this didnt ring the alarm bells with me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.