robin

looking for a better valve amp

36 posts in this topic

due to the sale of some of my kit my hi-fi fund is looking quite healthy, and this is usually a good time of year to buy, im looking to spend between one and two grand on a "better" amp, must have at least 15 watts a side for the quad 63s can be intergrated or power, must be valves, anyone got anything, oh and could possibly do a part ex with my tube tech unisis sig

cheers guys:^

Robin, what about the Canary integrated that was advertised recently?

ta ian pdiddys leban is sold, i have had a maybe better thought, if anyone has a amp that might fit the bill, like the canary they could bring it to scalford and demo it on my kit :):), that would be really good :love::love:, dont know if i can pull this off though, but i love the idea :^:^

Rob, i found my old Unisis better then the Leben 300 that i had a the same time, so I certainly wouldnt go throwing double the money at one of those. what do you want different / better than what the Unisis does? you may not need tp spend more if you are just after something with a slightly different presenation. The unisis does take some beating as an alroundertho..and it does look superb.

cheers stu- good advice, i will bear that in mind :^

Never mix leben and quad electrostatics....just doesn't work....I would have a look at a jadis...maybe in audiomarkt...say orchestra ref?

Sorry Robin, forgot you had ESLs, this is sound advice.

There is an Almarro on Ebay for only £1,750. You are not going to get anything better at this price.

Should have bought my Unison S8! Ah well, that's the benefit of hindsight. :)

Is there anything in particular you're after? I have some ideas... ;-)