Ian

Beam Echo (Avantic) DL7-35 - market value ?

5 posts in this topic

I sold a mildy scruffy pair in working condition but in need of a full service about 5 years ago for (I think) about £750. It was a while ago so probably not much of a guide, and I recall being slightly disappointed with the end price (sold on ebay predictably) as they command high prices cos they're rare.

I had a good chat to the repair chap who got them working for me and he said they basically used the same mullard circuit as the Leak TL25, and sounded pretty similar. Sounded pretty decent to me at the time but I couldn't afford to get them serviced properly so sold 'em :doh:.

Are these the old Beam Echo or the mid 90s Beam Echo re-invented Amps?

Tanks Dave, and JP, old ones, Cheers.

Ian,

The very early ones were finished in gold, ( I have a single) subsequent examples in a shade of midnight blue. Cosmetically they tend to get very scruffy if not cherished often the chassis are mutilated by 'improvers' . As usual , depending on condition (cosmetic and working) original transformers, valve sets etc between £800 to £1500 plus a pair.

These are proper / full-house Mullard 5-20s - component quality is far better than the Leak TL25+ .Properly restored one of the best vintage EL34 amps made IMHO

Dave