JUST IN - A Quote From This Year's Main Sponsor Elite Audio

'Quite simply the best show we have ever had the pleasure to exhibit! Huge amounts of enthusiasm from so many Wammers who clearly share our passion for music. Can't wait for next year..........'

Mark Cargill - CEO Elite Audio

smegger68

Greensound Technology Glass Speakers

19 posts in this topic

Super Wammer

top-10-christmas-14.jpg

What do we think of these then?

http://www.gstspeakers.com/skip.html

No idea about the sound (obviously) but it is an interesting concept. Probably good for use outside too.

Greensound’s speakers use the glass panel to deliver sound omnidirectionally. A sound generator in the base of the speaker vibrates the glass to project the sound; different areas of the glass are responsible for producing different frequency sounds – the curved area at the top produces high frequency sounds, the middle produces mid-range sounds, while low frequencies are produced by the larger area at the bottom near the base.

Dealer

Daft.

my 2 scatter brained dogs would definately be fun in there , i once had a german shepherd run straight into a woofer , nose deep in voice coil :doh:

Super Wammer

Sounds a similar concept to NXT. I wonder if it's sufficiently novel compared with NXT to get their patent granted.

NXT have never managed to break into proper HiFi, although they have had a lot of success with small PC 'speakers and singing birthday cards. I wonder what these measure like. I would guess fairly poorly, a great mass of peaky resonances.

Look nice though!

S.

I thought you would approve Serge, they should be very transparent :doh:

Sounds a similar concept to NXT. I wonder if it's sufficiently novel compared with NXT to get their patent granted.

NXT have never managed to break into proper HiFi, although they have had a lot of success with small PC 'speakers and singing birthday cards. I wonder what these measure like. I would guess fairly poorly, a great mass of peaky resonances.

Look nice though!

S.

Serge, Naim use a similar tech in their new Ovator speakers for the tweeter,

WD-Naim-ovator4.jpg

BMR tech.

http://www.naimaudio.com/hifi-product-range/613

Dean..