smegger68

Greensound Technology Glass Speakers

19 posts in this topic

top-10-christmas-14.jpg

What do we think of these then?

http://www.gstspeakers.com/skip.html

No idea about the sound (obviously) but it is an interesting concept. Probably good for use outside too.

Greensound’s speakers use the glass panel to deliver sound omnidirectionally. A sound generator in the base of the speaker vibrates the glass to project the sound; different areas of the glass are responsible for producing different frequency sounds – the curved area at the top produces high frequency sounds, the middle produces mid-range sounds, while low frequencies are produced by the larger area at the bottom near the base.

Dealer

Daft.

my 2 scatter brained dogs would definately be fun in there , i once had a german shepherd run straight into a woofer , nose deep in voice coil :doh:

Sounds a similar concept to NXT. I wonder if it's sufficiently novel compared with NXT to get their patent granted.

NXT have never managed to break into proper HiFi, although they have had a lot of success with small PC 'speakers and singing birthday cards. I wonder what these measure like. I would guess fairly poorly, a great mass of peaky resonances.

Look nice though!

S.

I thought you would approve Serge, they should be very transparent :doh:

Sounds a similar concept to NXT. I wonder if it's sufficiently novel compared with NXT to get their patent granted.

NXT have never managed to break into proper HiFi, although they have had a lot of success with small PC 'speakers and singing birthday cards. I wonder what these measure like. I would guess fairly poorly, a great mass of peaky resonances.

Look nice though!

S.

Serge, Naim use a similar tech in their new Ovator speakers for the tweeter,

WD-Naim-ovator4.jpg

BMR tech.

http://www.naimaudio.com/hifi-product-range/613

Dean..