Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darrenm

Standmounters for Arcam CD72 and Cyrus 7

67 posts in this topic

Castle Conway 3 would be a great match but is a floorstander :(

The Dynaudio Contour 1.1 will show you why the CD92 and lately the CD192 are twice the price of the CD72 :D

In short, if you get £1000 standmounts you will soon want to change your CD and amp.

For what you have you could look at something like the Mission 781.

I am selling a pair of Dynaudio 52s in black if you are interested. Check the classifieds here. I listed them on ebay earlier today after no interest on the forums. When I bought them, I bought a Cyrus 7 to go with them and I can vouch for their compatability.

Incidently, my friend had contour 1.1s and in my old room they were not as much fun, or as involving as my 52s. We ended up leaving my 52s on as we both preferred it.

At the price S6M is selling those 52s, they are a steal.

Just coz you haven't got a huge room doesn't mean you can't have floor standers.

Stand mounts still need stands and there are some floor standers that don't kick the walls down at that price point.

The small rega R5's are very sweet and don't need huge volumes to work in. I am not saying there's owt rung with Stand mounts, but I am saying don't rule out floor standers on a preconception. Also you don't need to buy stands..

r5.jpg

Rega R5, diminutive and very very musical

BTW: Epos make the best stand mounts per £ IMO:D:cool:

epos-m12.2.jpg

M12's available for £400.00 if you play it :dude::dude::cool:

The Epos M12's really are the pups pods, dugs danglies, muts nuts and very fugging good at making music.

hifiwigwam wrote:

Also the Epos will do lovely HiFi AND kicking choons; they will make the Dyns look silly at a party.

Like your logic No.6, these will also out party most standmounters..

tb2.jpg

BTW, "Who is No. 1 ?!?"

analoguekid wrote:

BTW, "Who is No. 1 ?!?"

me, how?, whose askin?

The Prisoner: "Who are you?"

Number 2: "To you - Number 2."

The Prisoner: "Who is Number 1?"

Number 2: "You are number 6."

The Prisoner: "I am not a Number! I am a free man!"

Number 2: (laughter)

knew I shoulda used a smiley, the scotts guy wiull get the humour, carry on number 7

hifiwigwam wrote:

Just coz you haven't got a huge room doesn't mean you can't have floor standers."

I currently have floorstanders, Kef Q35.2, and do like them and am not against floorstanders. I think I am looking for standmounters as I could get better value for money and it gives me flexibility if I were to move out of home and to a flat.

I am going to hit the shops tomorrow, I think.

darrenmayne wrote:

hifiwigwam wrote:
Just coz you haven't got a huge room doesn't mean you can't have floor standers."

I currently have floorstanders, Kef Q35.2, and do like them and am not against floorstanders. I think I am looking for standmounters as I could get better value for money and it gives me flexibility if I were to move out of home and to a flat.

I am going to hit the shops tomorrow, I think.

Find some Epos and check out Paragons PMC reccomendation.. The Dyns are wonderful but looking at your musical taste I would say something that rocks a little harder might just be the ticket.

Happy shopping matey, let us know what you go for eh.

Cheers

James.