SMEagol

Hifi related accidents... go on - bet we've all got some.

53 posts in this topic

I thought against carrying a rack upstairs on my sensible trolley - as I'd have to go to the flat first to get it - I decided he-man style of lugging slabs of tempered flatpacked glass upstairs was the way to go. Get across the landing after four small flights of stairs and felt this twang in my sternum area followed by a shooting pain, despite what felt like the reaper looming I held on to my smashable booty. Been on mucho ibuprofen since, but sure it will pass. Silly really. :nup:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blimey that was a bit drastic :shock:

Hope you recover swiftly.

Most hifi accidents on the wam seem to involve booze, wooly jumpers and cartridges.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Wot? D`ya mean none of the DIY valve heads have ever electrocuted themselves? :shock:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
^ Wot? D`ya mean none of the DIY valve heads have ever electrocuted themselves? :shock:

Unless they are posting from the other side obviously not, electrocution does tend to be final and irreversible.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not necessarily: I got blown across the hall in a house fixing a broken light fitting, that one of my careless house mates turned back on while I went for the screwdriver. But that was mains AC... Not HT DC...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The odd zap from a rapidly discharging electrolytic capacitor never did anyone any harm......:shock:.

I've also had many a shredded finger from pressed steel casework and the odd output device/blistered finger incident.

Not that I'm condoning this in any way, but some of the test engineers where I used to work would charge up the big electrolytic caps with a Megger (insulation tester), then throw them at people. The first reaction is to catch them, but you soon learn not to :x.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not necessarily: I got blown across the hall in a house fixing a broken light fitting, that one of my careless house mates turned back on while I went for the screwdriver. But that was mains AC... Not HT DC...

You weren't electrocuted, you didn't die.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/electrocuted

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yesterday morning i left an entre 1 cart and 2 dynavectors in a box on my car roof whilst putting a speaker abck in my boot outside moorgate acoustics in sheffield. got half way home and thought sheeeeeeeeet went back and they were in the buss lane round the corner obvioulsy a few busses had been over them!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a beovox cx100 http://www.da-capo.dk/grafik/B&O/beovox%20cx100.jpg fall on my face when I was half asleep, splitting my eyebrow open and soaking my pillow in blood.

I used to have them on atacama SE24 stands and one was near my bed, in the morning I stretched my arm out accidentally punching the stand, and causing the speaker to fall the other way and the corner smash me in the face, after I was like 'oww omg the pain' and the woman was 'what are you moaning about?, can't be that bad' and then realised the whole pillow was red with blood. lovely.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/parple/kerns_speaker_wound.jpg

:doh:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cut my finger on the metal bar of an Icon Audio valve cage whilst dusting it.

I've tried using that as an excuse for not dusting - sadly Mrs k won't wear it........:(

k

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also on the Ibuprofen at the moment.

I decided to pack away all my CDs ready for the house move and only listen to Spotify and the music on my PC for a few weeks - to see how it goes. How many Health & Safety videos have I seen showing how to lift properly, straight back and lift with your legs etc? Oh no, not for me. Filled boxes with about 200 CDs in each and tried to lift them like I was 19 again. Twang - sore back and walking like I shat myself :doh:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.