JUST IN - A Quote From This Year's Main Sponsor Elite Audio

'Quite simply the best show we have ever had the pleasure to exhibit! Huge amounts of enthusiasm from so many Wammers who clearly share our passion for music. Can't wait for next year..........'

Mark Cargill - CEO Elite Audio

MotherSky

T-Amp - which chipset / best implementation?

21 posts in this topic

Super Wammer
thanks for the useful advice chaps - i've gone ahead and ordered a TA2020 based T-amp sold under the 'Muse' brand - £43 delivered from a UK seller

I have A Muse TA2020 amp in my 2nd system, powering some nice Usher x719 standmount speakers. It sounds damn good, and the Muse totally outclassed my old Quad 77 integrated that I used to use there. To say that my 2nd system has received a new lease of life would be a complete understatement. ... and I have now sold the Quad 77 amp for £165. :D

Much looking forward to your views on the Muse TA2020 amp. :)

Just hooked up the Mini-T 2020 to a pair of 8ohm Castle Cliftons, and my Dell Hybrid soundcard. Bass is a tad light, excellent clarity though, goes plenty loud with these speakers, but will try it around the systems I have, next up source to be connected will be a Sony BD S760 player, then the Diapasons. Stunned at size of the thing, an excellent compact amplifier. An excellent way to spend £60.

Has passed it "upgraded" speakers test today, tried it on the Diapason Emera's, fed from a Sony CDP-X3000ES, lovely sound coming out, does not go headbanging loud, but enough volume for easy listening to my ears - SQ is excellent. Certainly a stop gap for anyone buying a pair of senstive 6-8ohm speakers and saving up for a bigger amplifier. Ie to get loudness levels up, but I am very impressed with this for the money - very impressed indeed. Compactness is superb, Can see a number of scenarios I will be using this, PC, Laptop, compact holiday system. Trying the Sony S760 with this tonight as a CD system.

Speakers used :

http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/nux_emera_e.html

"The efficiency of both speakers is stated as 89dB/w/m. The nominal impedance is 8 Ohms"

Super Wammer
thanks for the useful advice chaps - i've gone ahead and ordered a TA2020 based T-amp sold under the 'Muse' brand - £43 delivered from a UK seller

MotherSky

Hi MotherSky

Did you get the Muse TA2020 amp?

If so, what do you think of it?

thanks for your interest - disappointingly, I never did get a chance to hear one - it didn't turn up, and between claiming my money back and ordering another I happened across a Mission X-Space system (£67 - something of a bargain) - this suited my son's needs perfectly & is wall mountable etc - as he's delighted with this set up, I shall have to wait for another excuse to order a T-amp (I must say that the Scythe amp mentioned by HHMunro earlier in this thread looks like a very interesting piece of kit - maybe I'll try one of those)

MotherSky