MotherSky

T-Amp - which chipset / best implementation?

21 posts in this topic

thanks for the useful advice chaps - i've gone ahead and ordered a TA2020 based T-amp sold under the 'Muse' brand - £43 delivered from a UK seller

I have A Muse TA2020 amp in my 2nd system, powering some nice Usher x719 standmount speakers. It sounds damn good, and the Muse totally outclassed my old Quad 77 integrated that I used to use there. To say that my 2nd system has received a new lease of life would be a complete understatement. ... and I have now sold the Quad 77 amp for £165. :D

Much looking forward to your views on the Muse TA2020 amp. :)

Just hooked up the Mini-T 2020 to a pair of 8ohm Castle Cliftons, and my Dell Hybrid soundcard. Bass is a tad light, excellent clarity though, goes plenty loud with these speakers, but will try it around the systems I have, next up source to be connected will be a Sony BD S760 player, then the Diapasons. Stunned at size of the thing, an excellent compact amplifier. An excellent way to spend £60.

Has passed it "upgraded" speakers test today, tried it on the Diapason Emera's, fed from a Sony CDP-X3000ES, lovely sound coming out, does not go headbanging loud, but enough volume for easy listening to my ears - SQ is excellent. Certainly a stop gap for anyone buying a pair of senstive 6-8ohm speakers and saving up for a bigger amplifier. Ie to get loudness levels up, but I am very impressed with this for the money - very impressed indeed. Compactness is superb, Can see a number of scenarios I will be using this, PC, Laptop, compact holiday system. Trying the Sony S760 with this tonight as a CD system.

Speakers used :

http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/nux_emera_e.html

"The efficiency of both speakers is stated as 89dB/w/m. The nominal impedance is 8 Ohms"

thanks for the useful advice chaps - i've gone ahead and ordered a TA2020 based T-amp sold under the 'Muse' brand - £43 delivered from a UK seller

MotherSky

Hi MotherSky

Did you get the Muse TA2020 amp?

If so, what do you think of it?

thanks for your interest - disappointingly, I never did get a chance to hear one - it didn't turn up, and between claiming my money back and ordering another I happened across a Mission X-Space system (£67 - something of a bargain) - this suited my son's needs perfectly & is wall mountable etc - as he's delighted with this set up, I shall have to wait for another excuse to order a T-amp (I must say that the Scythe amp mentioned by HHMunro earlier in this thread looks like a very interesting piece of kit - maybe I'll try one of those)

MotherSky