alanchamberlain

volume control on yamaha receiver

4 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd post this as there might be a simple solution. I have a Yamaha remote controlled receiver (RX-V620RDS) - everything works fine manually and also with the remote except for one thing - the volume control which only operates with the remote. The volume control moves round when you turn it but has no effect on the volume. Obviously I can use the unit without any problems but it would be nice if the volume control could be operated manually as well. Could it be something very simple that I could fix myself? Thanks for any advice.

This may sound too simple but the knob might be loose on the spindle (if this is just a regular volume pot) try pulling the knob off (te hee hee) then turning it by hand. if it works when replacing the knob use a dab of silicone to secure it firmly.

chris

thanks for reply - unfortunately removing the knob and turning the spindle still doesn't result in being able to operate the volume control - maybe there's something like a little cord inside which has broken??

Alan