In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 garbled posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

alanchamberlain

volume control on yamaha receiver

4 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd post this as there might be a simple solution. I have a Yamaha remote controlled receiver (RX-V620RDS) - everything works fine manually and also with the remote except for one thing - the volume control which only operates with the remote. The volume control moves round when you turn it but has no effect on the volume. Obviously I can use the unit without any problems but it would be nice if the volume control could be operated manually as well. Could it be something very simple that I could fix myself? Thanks for any advice.

This may sound too simple but the knob might be loose on the spindle (if this is just a regular volume pot) try pulling the knob off (te hee hee) then turning it by hand. if it works when replacing the knob use a dab of silicone to secure it firmly.

chris

thanks for reply - unfortunately removing the knob and turning the spindle still doesn't result in being able to operate the volume control - maybe there's something like a little cord inside which has broken??
Alan