robin

powered pre (lumley) swop for passive

8 posts in this topic

i bought smegols lumley pre to go with quad 11 s i thought i was going to buy,but ended up with leak stereo 20, i think i will need a passive pre for this, any one wanting to go the other way? ie swop a passive pre for power pre, will post pics ect if any interest its a vtp 1000, 5 inputs 2 pre outs plus record out

heres a pic[ATTACH]4278[/ATTACH]

bump, will sell if i dont get a swop, offers invited

yes i have seen them on his site, but they might sound good but i hate the look of them, im looking for something that will work well with the leak 20, only need two inputs, could manage with one at a pinch, and cost around £200 mark, that is if the lumley is too loud with the leak

I'll just throw in that the Eastern Electric BBA works beautifully with the Leak 20. One input, variable gain from zero, though well over your budget. There was one here recently @ £400. It's so easy spending other people's money !

cheers ian,but if i was to spend £400 i would be wanting more than one input for sure

heres some pics for the guys that pm [ATTACH]4339[/ATTACH]m[ATTACH]4338[/ATTACH]e[ATTACH]4337[/ATTACH]