Rufus

FS: Alon Lotus Elite Signature loudspeakers - something rare and special

34 posts in this topic

Hi

It may come down to just box swapping, but I'm making big changes.

For sale are my lovely Alon Lotus Elite Signature Loudspeakers.

These are the Signature versions, not to be confused with the regular version, as they use Alinco magnets and other special magic stuff to make them sound divine.

Google them, or take a look at the Alon website:

http://www.alonspeakers.com/reviews.shtml

These are simply fantastic speakers that cost some £8000 when new.

They have the external boxes for the cross-overs and come in very good condition. There are couple of minor chips to the veneer of the cross-over boxes but nothing major and the boxes go behind the speaker anyway and you can't see them ! They come with grille covers.

I've been running them bi-wired with Ecosse cable. They originally ran with a Moon i5.3 amp ( sold a couple of months ago to a wammer ) and the combination sounded sublime.

The sound is very crisp and they are exceptional at vocals. It is much used cliche, but when set up the sound is really holographic and the speakers truly do disappear. With the very unusual open mid range and tweeter, they can sound a bit like electrostatics but with more base and a wide soundstage.

I love'em. But I fancy a change and I think that I need to own valves and Tannoy's at some stage in my life, so they've got to go.

Considering their rarity and the £8000 original price tag, these must be a bargain at £1500 or offers.

You are welcome to view in Berkshire/North Hampshire or I can deliver to most places. They are heavy !

Thank You. :)

Bump

Exceptional speakers at silly money. Replacement cost with the current equivalent Nolas would be very expensive indeed.

Partnered with the right amps this would make a giant killing, high end set up.

So so tempted! Do you have any pictures of them with the grille covers on, preferably in a higher resolution than the current pics? :^

Are there any genres that they really don't like and how do they perform close to a rear wall?

Are there any noticeable scratches/imperfections on the main cabs?

Many thanks,

Michael

I will take some more pictures and post them up !

I have eclectic musical tastes - so I find they suit most music really. If I was forced to choose something they especially suit, I would say that vocals are exceptional, as are string instruments, classical included, that seem to have real clarity with no harshness. They are great all rounders I would say.

Remember that they have separate crossover boxes, that have to sit behind, so they need to be a couple of feet from the wall, but that's all.

These are still for sale. A wammer has said he wants them but he has gone quiet - I PM'd the chap but I am still awaiting a reply.

Consider this a bump, unless the good chap steps forward, these are still for sale.

BT broadband has also been down for days, which has not helped... but that is for another thread... grrr...

Wow do you know how much I would like them.....Take part ex on my 802 matrix sw3 plus cash? Please do i beg of you...

These are still for sale. A wammer has said he wants them but he has gone quiet - I PM'd the chap but I am still awaiting a reply.

Consider this a bump, unless the good chap steps forward, these are still for sale.

BT broadband has also been down for days, which has not helped... but that is for another thread... grrr...

alonng with tiscali/talk talk :doh:

hi gary that will be me mate appolagies had some personal issues to sort , if the alons are still available and we can sort the logistics i would still like to give them a try

cheers , mick