paulf-2007

jabo horns have landed

33 posts in this topic

So the Jabo horns arrived in a large box this morning from Germany. Err they are quite big, methinks 'er indoors is going to notice them immediately. Will need a new strategy to introduce them into the system. 400Hz horn 535mm at the mouth and 353mm long. Thats all folks, they are now tucked away until I can scrape the dosh together to buy the compression drivers. Fender Strat USA anybody, no? oh well ebay it is. [ATTACH]3891[/ATTACH]

love the colour, what did you order a white to piss yellow fade? ;-)

OOooh. You need to get the drivers bought quick smart and get them over here at xmouse:P

Seriously, i'm very interested on how you get on with this lot. If it's successful I may well pick your mind and follow a similar route.....

love the colour, what did you order a white to piss yellow fade? ;-)

now then behave, its just my superb camera work........with a mobile phone, they are actually brilliant white. thinking about it if they don't work well as speakers I could use one as a urinal:P

OOooh. You need to get the drivers bought quick smart and get them over here at xmouse:P

Seriously, i'm very interested on how you get on with this lot. If it's successful I may well pick your mind and follow a similar route.....

no chance of me bringing them over at christmas, bonnie doesn't know about them yet, have to pick my moment when I've earned some brownie points. :P maybe Scalford if I make it or have a room allocated. lots of ifs at the mo.

Haha! Nice one Paul. Looking forward to reading about your escapades with these. For sure you;re doing the right things by going to compression drivers!

which compression drivers you got your heart set on?

undecided as yet, have been leaning toward the BMS coaxial drivers as used by BD Design in the Orphean, but not the so called modified ones they sell. I am more interested in how they sound to my ears rather than how they measure. I have been reading Romy the cats macondo thread, very interesting and given me some ideas but I won't be approaching it in such a technical way, just my usual haphazard way with lucky results. Yesterday I bypassed the digital crossover with the 8" mid driver and let it run wild, it sounds much better that way and there don't seem to be any integration problems with the woofers or tractrix horn. The 8" drivers will be stepping down and the Jabo horns will be taking their place on the baffle when I get the drivers.

It's been a while since I last read it but the Ariel thread on diy audio is also interesting and similar to what you're doing.

not sure I found the right thread jj, but if its a box speaker its not for me.:)

It's actually very similar. Altec 288 on 425hz le cleach horns with 2 parallel 12" wooded open baffle. The designer is quite renowned.

I'll keep looking.

May I ask if there is a web site with details of the Jabo horns please?

this any use? http://www.lautsprechershop.de/hifi/bk201kh_en.htm the one in the link is not my horn particularly, mine has a crossover point of 400Hz. But having said that maybe that one does too but they crossed it at 700Hz.