Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ant

I'm scared

27 posts in this topic

A package arrived today with a very special pair of interconnects inside. I am concerned that I'll hear them and wont be able to live without them and have to spend silly money on some wires :)

Can't wait to get home and hook them up though clock.gif

I was scared now I'm confused. It's hard for me to type as the music is playing and I keep getting torn away from the keyboard.

I am a 100% believer in cable topology and materials now.

My system is so different in two areas, the treble is very hard to describe, less of it but more detailed is as close as I can get right now, maybe smooth is a better word. blah

Punch in the upper bass is something I've been a little disapointed with (compared to my mates and Dads system with standmounters especially) no longer, it's all there when turned up loud it's smacked me about the room a bit :)

I actually welled up during a Led Zep song, it was the first time in 20 years of listening to that album that I understood what he was saying, I dont mean the words as such, but the emotion.

Shit I hate to think how much this cable costs :)

garyi wrote:

Perhaps if you need a cable to do all this, you actually need a better hifi?
Perhaps you are right, wanna lend me yours?

Ant wrote:

I was scared now I'm confused. It's hard for me to type as the music is playing and I keep getting torn away from the keyboard.

I am a 100% believer in cable topology and materials now.

My system is so different in two areas, the treble is very hard to describe, less of it but more detailed is as close as I can get right now, maybe smooth is a better word. blah

Punch in the upper bass is something I've been a little disapointed with (compared to my mates and Dads system with standmounters especially) no longer, it's all there when turned up loud it's smacked me about the room a bit :)

I actually welled up during a Led Zep song, it was the first time in 20 years of listening to that album that I understood what he was saying, I dont mean the words as such, but the emotion.

Shit I hate to think how much this cable costs :)

:dude:

Ooh bugger. I'll have to have a play when you're finished. I rate my i/c very highly so i'll be very interested.

Ant wrote:

garyi wrote:

I think he might have a Naim system not 100% sure ;)and if he has he should have got staff discount even though he is not a member of staff

you hear talk of the naim police on the naim forum garyi wanders the forums

its a nice system, I think I have seen a picture of it ??? not sure if its you Ant

Kiang designed and made the cable, it's a crazy piece of work. I don't know what it does but you feel like you have something substantial in your hands.

I'm sure he will post pictures or post some details when he's ready.

Davewhityetagain wrote:

Ant wrote:
garyi wrote:

I think he might have a Naim system not 100% sure ;)and if he has he should have got staff discount even though he is not a member of staff

you hear talk of the naim police on the naim forum garyi wanders the forums

its a nice system, I think I have seen a picture of it ??? not sure if its you Ant

I was messing around, I've seen nothing but abuse from garyi this year so I figured he was just a troll.

Ant wrote:

Kiang designed and made the cable, it's a crazy piece of work. I don't know what it does but you feel like you have something substantial in your hands.

I'm sure he will post pictures or post some details when he's ready.

Funny, that's what Mrs TIU has been saying to her friends for the last 25 years. :P