Matt J

Liverpool - oh dear...

9,739 posts in this topic

I think in Europe they are more patient and understand that a club sometimes has to reduce it's expectations whilst restructuring happens, where as here we expect the level to stay the same regardless.

I'd say it's a lot more demanding in the Spanish and Italian leagues with regard to expectations of the 'big' clubs. German clubs are possibly a bit more patient though.

He'll be out of the job by Christmas. Don't know why he took it, everyone knew it was a poisoned chalice and I bet he wishes he'd stayed at Fulham now!

At this rate, I don't think he'll last that long. It depends as much on who & when the new owners are in charge. He may get the bullet before then of course, as it makes Liverpool much more difficult to sell, if they are in the bottom 3.

I'll give you Poulsen he's been shocking, but Meireles? he's been quality for years and has already shown a glimpse of what he's capable of, give him time and he could turn out to be one of your best players bar none.

Funnily enough I saw Roy Hodgson on the M6 today, he flew passed me at about 100mph with the phone in one hand a can of Stella in the other......

He'll do anything to get 3 points.

Cheers BB

It's an old one and a cheap shot but I like it. Who do you support?

The Pride of The North East. The Mighty Boro:oops:.

Cheers BB

It'll be funny when the whole shower of them, cowboys and accountants alike, have to troop into the bank they borrowed the money off and explain how they decided to spend £6.5 million replacing Rafael Benitez with Roy Hodgson.

It'll be funny when the whole shower of them, cowboys and accountants alike, have to troop into the bank they borrowed the money off and explain how they decided to spend £6.5 million replacing Rafael Benitez with Roy Hodgson.

I really liked benitez for most of his reign but towards the end the moaning became too much. He doesn't know how to take responsibility for his actions. Thanks and good luck to him though!!

I feel for you, I really do. It was a mistake to sack southgate but I can't believe how badly it's gone under strachan. Gibson has been punished for an uncharacteristicly ruthless decision!

I have a lot of time for Gareth Southgate but the mistake was giving him the managers job in the first place. Strachan has been a disaster so far, if we don't go up this season we are in the shite financially.

Cheers BB

I think King Kenny would have been a better choice,at least it gets the fans off the board's back for a good while... There is not much Roy can do about the crap squad(assembled at great cost)he has inherited.

Tho,they should still have easily enough to see off Northampton and Blackpool.Losing Alonso was dreadful,they have never properly replaced him.Torres should be sold if they can get a massive bid for him from abroad,and 5 or 6 good players bought with the proceeds.

I have a lot of time for Gareth Southgate but the mistake was giving him the managers job in the first place. Strachan has been a disaster so far, if we don't go up this season we are in the shite financially.

Cheers BB

I think it is a mistake to sack a manager who is 4th in the league full stop, whether you like the style of football or not. I have a soft spot for boro and I really hope they turn it around!

I think King Kenny would have been a better choice,at least it gets the fans off the board's back for a good while... There is not much Roy can do about the crap squad(assembled at great cost)he has inherited.

Tho,they should still have easily enough to see off Northampton and Blackpool.Losing Alonso was dreadful,they have never properly replaced him.Torres should be sold if they can get a massive bid for him from abroad,and 5 or 6 good players bought with the proceeds.

Kenny Dalglish has been a superb player & manager for Liverpool but would he end up getting stressed out again and quitting?! I'd have have employed him for the rollercoaster ride but I'm not so sure what the outcome would be.

Good point,but it sounded like he was up for it,and would have bought the board some time to sell the club without the fans on their back...I suppose the downside with a cult figure like Kenny is they can only really inspire the Liverpool supporting players in the squad,it has less effect on the foreigners who are not in it for the love of a historic club.