Matt J

Liverpool - oh dear...

9,765 posts in this topic

Using Roy Hodgson to prove your point, doesn't.

Maybe not, but I wonder if 'saint kenny' has done much better than Woy would have done? I am talking here about managerial ability, not the chemistry (or lack of) with the Liverpool fans. Woy was hated before he even joined and I don't think anything less than winning the league would have changed that.

Maybe not, but I wonder if 'saint kenny' has done much better than Woy would have done? I am talking here about managerial ability, not the chemistry (or lack of) with the Liverpool fans. Woy was hated before he even joined and I don't think anything less than winning the league would have changed that.

Now I'm not sure if you're just trollin' me.

Liverpool (1985–1991, 2011– )

Blackburn Rovers (1991–1995)

Celtic (2000)

Now I'm not sure if you're just trollin' me.

Liverpool (1985–1991, 2011– )

Blackburn Rovers (1991–1995)

Celtic (2000)

'kin Hell Mark, rolling back the years there aren't you. You missed out Newcastle - Fuck All. Howard Kendall was a great manager in those days.

Cheers BB

He's just won a cup and got to the final of the other y'tits!

And thanks for proving my point BB. Look how long he was at Newcastle for

[TABLE=class: wikitable]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Newcastle United[/TD]

[TD]22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/TD]

[TD=align: left]14 January 1997[/TD]

[TD=align: left]27 August 1998[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[h=3]Newcastle United[/h] In January 1997 Dalglish was appointed manager of Premier League side Newcastle United on a three-and-a-half-year contract, taking over from Kevin Keegan. Dalglish guided the club from fourth position to a runner-up spot in May and a place in the new format of the following season's UEFA Champions League. However, the 1997–98 campaign saw Newcastle finish in only 13th place and, despite Dalglish achieving some notable successes during the season (including a 3–2 UEFA Champions League win over Barcelona and an FA Cup final appearance against Arsenal), he was sacked by Freddie Shepherd after two draws in the opening two games of the subsequent 1998–1999 season, and replaced by former Chelsea manager Ruud Gullit.[42] One commentator has since written, "His 20 months at Newcastle United are the only part of Kenny Dalglish's career that came anywhere near failure"

David Moyes would kill for a season like that.

I mean, is that the sort of debate that fans of other clubs have about Liverpool, "Who's a better manager, Roy Hodgson or Kenny Dalglish?"

Nurse!

I agree Roy Hodgson was a disaster and KD is doing a better job, but KD's track record from the late 80's is pretty irellevent to today. Two cup finals is good going, I agree, but no matter how Stevie G dresses it up, it is the league that matters (to the owners and fans) and next season they have to step it up or else the pressure is going to be on KD sharpish.

Cheers BB

I mean, is that the sort of debate that fans of other clubs have about Liverpool, "Who's a better manager, Roy Hodgson or Kenny Dalglish?"

Nurse!

I admit I am yankin' yer chain regards Roy but I have been very disappointed with Kenny's returns since taking over - and the cynic in me has been smiling wryly at al the acolytes who talked as though bringing Kenny in would magically turn things around. Maybe now the fans have a more realistic view of what is going to be needed.

Don't get me wrong - I would love for the Premier League to have at least 6 teams vying for 4 CL spots rather than 'Big 4 plus the 2 whoever happen to turn up'. Maybe Kenny is out of touch and needs to get used to the demands of modern football as much as the team needs to gel the way he wants.

I just think people should accept it's his first full season, and not to expect unicorns. The guy's on the point of winning two cups.

Mr. Mancini has had £250m in transfer kitty, £200k/w wages and CL football to offer his new recruits and it doesn't look like he's going to win the league either. No doubt he'll be sacked at the end of the season (wrongly, imo).

I just think people should accept it's his first full season, and not to expect unicorns. The guy's on the point of winning two cups.

Mr. Mancini has had £250m in transfer kitty, £200k/w wages and CL football to offer his new recruits and it doesn't look like he's going to win the league either. No doubt he'll be sacked at the end of the season (wrongly, imo).

My point exactly Mark. As I have kept saying (and I will repeat I am not a Liverpool fan, so I am and can be objective here). Things take time to build - certainly longer than a season and a bit. Dalglish has a proven record of success, even at Newcastle he got them to the FA Cup final and they did ok in the league. It is ridiculous to expect them to be challenging for the title at this stage.

My point exactly Mark. As I have kept saying (and I will repeat I am not a Liverpool fan, so I am and can be objective here). Things take time to build - certainly longer than a season and a bit. Dalglish has a proven record of success, even at Newcastle he got them to the FA Cup final and they did ok in the league. It is ridiculous to expect them to be challenging for the title at this stage.

Trolling slightly... maybe if they hadn't spent much previously with the we're going to win the league next year attitude, but its not like they didn't spend a fair bit under Rafa either... and its been a few years now :P

I don't particularly like Kenny, detest Suarez and loath that we lost in such an insipid manner in the 2nd half of the semi... but the style of football under him is way way better then Rafa or Hodgson did ever produce.

The question is will the owners back him strongly financially, and if the league form continues as now how long will he get next season? What happens for the rest of the season will be forgotten if you beat chelski even if we finish above you but he if spends again in the summer it could be a weight around his neck if you don't start the season well.

Mr Dalglish is fine, and I wish him well apart from against Chels.

Hey Paul, Looks like the old saying 'form is temporary, class is permanent' is coming true: your mate 'Arry is getting back to his usual ways. :D

Spurs are in free-fall thats for sure. Mind you even in this dire run of form they managed a draw at Anfield so that tells you all you need to know about Liverpool too.:P

It also means Harry has his 'hang dog' expression on and that is not the look for an England manager imo:nup: