Matt J

Liverpool - oh dear...

9,707 posts in this topic

Torres and/or Drogba against Carragher = carnage :shock:

Carragher can't be anywhere near that match. Drogba was always his nemesis, and it'll be worse now.

Congrats to Liver for winning their 2ndWembley cup this season - well done. I hope though that Liver do not win on penalties, but nicely with more goals than t'opposition. I am quite happy with ancient CHELSEA FA Cup victories vs Liver 1982 + 1997, both of which I saw for real.

Problem will be match not being played from 3 p.m., but relegated to 17.15 tea-time also-ran.

He's only scored two games running, and I'm not sure he knew a lot about the one against Everton (having missed a sitter earlier on), so lets not get carried away.:doh:

Not getting carried away, but as usual, the point eludes you.... Give the guy games, he will start to get goals which seems to be what is happening. He was getting in all the right positions, if his finishing was rather wayward. He will get there as long as he is given the opportunity in a settled side.

I'm still far from convinced about the entire Liverpool team and management - even an FA Cup win (unlikely as that is) won't change that.

Certainly can't see us challenging for the Premiership next season without monumental changes.

I'm still far from convinced about the entire Liverpool team and management - even an FA Cup win (unlikely as that is) won't change that.

Certainly can't see us challenging for the Premiership next season without monumental changes.

Paul, I keep telling you, and will keep telling you until it registers, these things take time - several seasons, not a season and a bit. I also wouldn't expect Liverpool to be challenging either of the Manchester clubs just yet. Next season a reasonable expectation would be a significantly improved league position - top six at least. If you win the FA Cup, you will have won two out of the three competitions you will have entered - most clubs would love that, the vast majority would be well pleased with winning one and a major final. Even Kenny Dalglish says you are a work in progress and not to get carried away.

these things take time - several seasons,

The counter to that is, how long do you wait before you accept a manager is not up to the job? Abramovich is taking this to the ridiculous extreme, but you need to cut and run at some point.

Some decision sof KD are plain weird - one having already been mentioned: buying Carroll for a whacking great big record of 35million then not playing him in a team to take advantage of his abilities. A guy who scores for fun at Newcastle suddenly bottoms out and is ridiculed by the fans? Downing was one of the leading assists in the Premier... then he went to Liverpool. Oh, dear.

'Bedding in' is one thing, but to manage a squad in a way that yields a team that many accept is far less than the sum of its parts is a real worry on KD's abilities in the modern game.

It is either team management or man management and on both counts KD is being given a luxury that virtually no Liverpool fan gave to Woy.

So - how long are you willing to wait?

'Bedding in' is one thing, but to manage a squad in a way that yields a team that many accept is far less than the sum of its parts is a real worry on KD's abilities in the modern game.

It is either team management or man management and on both counts KD is being given a luxury that virtually no Liverpool fan gave to Woy.

This