robin

pre amp recap

8 posts in this topic

haveing bought a lumley pre amp from smegol, he has told be it would be much improved with the caps and coupleing transisters replaced, can any one recommend some one that does this sort of thing in the yorkshire area ?[ATTACH]3659[/ATTACH]

There is a new place somewhere in Leeds but I can't remember it's name. The old place was Audio Laboratories but the people that used to run it have retired.

haveing bought a lumley pre amp from smegol, he has told be it would be much improved with the caps and coupleing transisters replaced, can any one recommend some one that does this sort of thing in the yorkshire area ?[ATTACH]3659[/ATTACH]

hiya

well prehaps you should try to get pally with some local musos and get a hold of the local amp repairer they use , musicians are often well served by propper technicians with a welth of experiance , in big stuff,

i took a old cyrus one amp to my local guy and he fitted some high quality bits in it for about £25 and it really picked it up , i regret selling the little chap after wards .

i know many dont like the cyrus , but you cna get buy quiet nicely with the early models, i would say . i certainly did ,

mind you the phonon stage was a basic thing.

regard s

lowendall.

Looks like an opportunity to try a spot of DIY Robin?

mmmmmmmmmm :shock::shock: followed by:nup::nup: and then probley:doh::doh:and:(:(