Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davewhityetagain

Best Turntable upgrade I have bought

15 posts in this topic

[img]http://www.davewhitter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DSC04154.jpeg[/img]

Very very good used the Shure for years, these much better :)never fancied paying cartridged man prices, but now all over places at around £50 to £80

Davewhityetagain wrote:
[quote][img]http://www.davewhitter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DSC04154.jpeg[/img]

Very very good used the Shure for years, these much better :) never fancied paying cartridged man prices, but now all over places at around £50 to £80
[/quote]

So what does this do that the Shure doesn't?

Dave The Digital Man. :P ;)

Nice picture Dave. What TT and arm is that?

[b]turnitup! wrote: [/b][quote]Davewhityetagain wrote:
[quote][img]http://www.davewhitter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DSC04154.jpeg[/img]

Very very good used the Shure for years, these much better :)never fancied paying cartridged man prices, but now all over places at around £50 to £80
[/quote]

So what does this do that the Shure doesn't?

Dave The Digital Man. :P ;)

Nice picture Dave. What TT and arm is that?[/quote]

what does it do its ? more accurate by half an oz

thats not my turntable this is

[size=2]Solution turntable with Symphony moving-coil cartridge on a [b]Clearaudio Satisfy Tonearm by Clearaudio with smart phono stage [/b][/size]

[img]http://www.davewhitter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/turntable_new_a.jpg[/img]

The other arm's a Triplanar with a Shelter cartridge, a mean combo! Not sure about the nylon washers though.

[b]kingsxfan wrote: [/b][quote]Be careful, [i]some[/i] of these devicesare magnetic and are useless for setting up a cart. The plate will pull the cart down on its cantilever ever so slightly and the tracking force [i]will [/i]be out.[/quote]
The Decent Audio one says its nonmagnetic and accurate. Advert in back of HiFi World.

[b]garyi wrote: [/b][quote]I am truly awed, something that Dave is happy about.[/quote]

:rofl:There is much kit I am happy about my tuner (Magnum Dynalab) my speakers even the Naim kit makes me happy :oj:in fact given how sick I am, I am 9999% happier than most people

I am even happy you are "awed" :nuts:

[b]Davewhityetagain wrote: [/b][quote][b]garyi wrote: [/b][quote]I am truly awed, something that Dave is happy about.[/quote]

:rofl:There is much kit I am happy about my tuner (Magnum Dynalab) my speakers even the Naim kit makes me happy :oj:in fact given how sick I am, I am 9999% happier than most people

[/quote]
yea but shurely your not happy with that pub carpet dave.

Some feedback from u guys who buy them would be apreciated,have had some bad experiences with chinese scales,some have been up to 1/2 gramme out !!

Best ,cheap,TT upgrade for me,recently, has been a Gryphon de-magnetiser,£40 from e-bay.

[b]rudolph hucker wrote: [/b][quote][b]Davewhityetagain wrote: [/b][quote][b]garyi wrote: [/b][quote]I am truly awed, something that Dave is happy about.[/quote]

[/quote]
yea but shurely your not happy with that pub carpet dave.[/quote]
:raoflmfao::sw:

yes I am