Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shakey

Too large left-hand boxes

24 posts in this topic

I would suspect the few deleted threads would be the ones which even some of us who have voted "disagree" in this poll thought were going a smidge too far & by & large avoided, or am I wrong?

FFS, as already mentioned above, I had a thread taken down almost as soon as I'd started it, James explained why & as I said at the time "It's your gig, James, and I have to respect your decision".

None of us have a divine, or other, right to post any damn thing we please here, even if we've subscribed: think about the origins of the Big Tent.

If, as is being suggested in an adjacent thread, there is a thought that there is inconsistent moderation, then take it up with whoever you think is being inconsistent.

Have we done enough navel-gazing yet?

Can we go back to slagging off crappy guitar solo lists/ AV amps in hi-fi/sub-woofers/LP12s/whatever? Or reading the latest adventures of a pink cat in hi-fi? Or taking the piss out of Solid/having the piss taken out of you/me by Solid?

Boxer

Well funnily enough, have just finished redecorating my living room and we had the walls skimmed, so there's a new layer of plaster throughout. It'll be interesting to see how this works out.

These speakers will be a massive upgrade for me and I wasn't even particularly aware of home dem when I bought my previous speakers. So what's the deal? Do you borrow a pair, see if you like 'em, if you don't take them back and borrow a different pair? Or do you borrow a couple of pairs for back to back comparison? Sorry if this seems adaft question, but I want to do this right!

James, I don’t think it’s the equipment list that causes the problem but the Location field. If you look at a few threads with larger than normal left hand panes, it’s usually the longest location description that determines the size of the pane with the equipment description auto-filling underneath.

[b]HiFiWigWam wrote: [/b][quote][b]earl of sodbury wrote: [/b][quote]WHY?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :Not Sure:[/quote]

Perhaps to hel prevent front wheel wash out. It would dramatically increase the saftey of the thing in the wet.
[/quote]
OK, but surely a more sensibly-sized wheel would have the same effect without all of the weight and mechancial complexity?

We don't intend to change anything DT. Just that on the odd occasion we feel the need to enforce part of the AUP or make a tough decision, a lot of people like to go into navel gazing mode.

SNAFU as far as i am concerned.

Now Sodders, can I move this please?

Staple his balls to a Rotweilers chin and set the heretic on fire you mean Sodders? What a spiffing idea. Fetch the burning cross would you old bean.

slug pellets are bad. slug absorbs poisonous pellet. slug slowly dies. bird or other animal eats slug. bird ingests poison from pellet. poisons accumulate in bird. :(

slug traps are a good idea.

or if you are a buddhist you can go about it another way. they plant enough in the garden for themselves and for the 'pests'. so simple and so right.