Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soupdragon

interesting e bay TT

11 posts in this topic

a direct drive yoke from trio in white marbel with a sme cut for armboard

search on Marble on e bay under consumer electronics

i'm not clever enough to do the fancy links !

theres a couple of other little lovelies - a denon dp 59L and an EMT 950 which used a denon DD mechanism i think

may appeal

Liam

Yeah, I was looking at that, as a nice entry into vinyl. Its only down the road from me, so I wouldn't have to risk postage. What do you guys think its worth? What would be a good arm/cartidge to go on it (not too pricey)? Being a direct drive, is that much worse than a belt - noise/rumble and all that?

My other choice was to be an old Thorens TD150 or 160. How would the Trio compare to these?

My current phone amp is the cheap ass board you fit into the Cambridge Audio amps, would this be a big let down to either the Trio or Thorens decks?

Nice solid TT.

Trio built the famous L07D which must rank as the best high end DD ever so they know what they are doing.

Good modern Rega arm on that + a £200-ish MC and you're laughing :)

Arfa wrote:

Yeah, I was looking at that, as a nice entry into vinyl. Its only down the road from me, so I wouldn't have to risk postage. What do you guys think its worth? What would be a good arm/cartidge to go on it (not too pricey)? Being a direct drive, is that much worse than a belt - noise/rumble and all that?

My other choice was to be an old Thorens TD150 or 160. How would the Trio compare to these?

My current phone amp is the cheap ass board you fit into the Cambridge Audio amps, would this be a big let down to either the Trio or Thorens decks?

Some prefer direct drive, some belt driven. This does look like a tasty deck. I used to own Trio equipment and wouldn't hesitate to buy this. You could dispense with the cracked lid as it's not possible to repair I think. A lot of people watching this so it will go for quite a bit. Good luck.

turnitup! wrote:

Some prefer direct drive, some belt driven. This does look like a tasty deck. I used to own Trio equipment and wouldn't hesitate to buy this. You could dispense with the cracked lid as it's not possible to repair I think. A lot of people watching this so it will go for quite a bit. Good luck.

I'm guessing a replacement lid would be pretty hard to come by. When I was researching it and google'ing about, I found some snaps of one which someone had done up really well - looked pretty stunning. I suppose its luck of the draw, if the motor and bearings are in good nick, can't check all that stuff out easily with ebay goods. I presume spares would also be thin on the ground, guess that's one area where a Thorens would be better. Anyway, to the waiting game, hoping the price doesn't go too high...

interesting system there Rob :)

Thanks, as is yours!

I once had a pair of the smaller APM22ES speakers with the flat diaphrams - excellent speakers.

Anyone on here get it? It went for a reasonable amount I think and just crept past his reserve. Looking at the Kenwood deck of the same model number on Google it seemed a good buy even without an arm.