Guest pobox-123

Pink Triangle Phonostage

6 posts in this topic

Did Pink Triangle ever made a Phonostage?

Last night I bought a Pink Triangle LPT turntable from a wammer. I should be getting the PT by Thursday.

No. PT made a battery-fed preamp called The Pip that had a very good phono stage built in. Trouble was, it wasn't the most reliable thing on the planet and had a habit of locking the user out every day or two. It was made in the late 1980s.

The time of separate phono stages came a little later.

They also made a cracking integrated called the integral - come up rarely 2nd hand. Don't think it had a phono stage.

Good luck with the LPT, I had one of those before my current Export, passed it on to a good mate who uses it daily. Great decks, great chassis. Not the best isolated so worth putting some decent feet on it (try Foculpods from ebay)

They also made a cracking integrated called the integral - come up rarely 2nd hand. Don't think it had a phono stage.

Good luck with the LPT, I had one of those before my current Export, passed it on to a good mate who uses it daily. Great decks, great chassis. Not the best isolated so worth putting some decent feet on it (try Foculpods from ebay)

Thanks.

Just want to ask a silly question. When you had the LPT, what arm did you use with it? And in your system, how would you discribe the sound of the LPT?

I had an LPT. Very nice sound. I had an RB250. Could get a bit muddled when there was a lot going on. Enjoy it for a while then pick up something like the PT1 and maybe a Mission arm.

Sounds brilliant. Check out PT & Funk Firm forum on VinylEngine for more info

http://www.vinylengine.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=45

Yes, the LPT is a nice sounding tt. My father spent a few nights listening to my LPT, and said the LPT has nice midrange and speed.

Soon I'm going to start saving up for an LPT VX upgrade, and maybe change to a different tonearm. I'm thinking about getting the Roksan Nima Uni pivot tonearm.