HoopsOnToast

Rega Exon 3's

9 posts in this topic

Anyone have any opinions on these? Always been a fan of rega kit (R3's / R7's and Brio / Apollo) but not heard their more up market stuff. Been looking around recentley for power amps, and found a few options, quite like the Quad 909 but dont think it will give me what i want for the ATC's (power/control and bass punch) and having read some reviews (the Hifi+ one raves about them) the Exon 3's seem quite a good choice.

I did like the bass control / depth and dynamics of bryston kit, but thats out of the question, and i did not like the Naim 5i or XS with the ATC's either. Only other amps i have heard with them are my current Teac (nice and punchy but bass light. Quite involving) but not the Marantz PM7200, just sounded boring and un-involving but had better/deaper bass than the Teac.

I really liked the brio when i have heard it before, but does not have enough 'go' to grip the ATC's properly i found, and the Exons seem like 'Brio on steriods' from what i have read.

Any Ideas? Anything up to around £700 really (second hand or new)

Cheers, Rob

Sounds tempting, and sure i could have a go with the lid. Only thing is i am not around cambs way soon (and busy weekends) but the main thing is that the TR7 needs a new wheel bearing, needs to be done soon :P

Oh and Biscuit, how are those studio monitors going? miss those huge Jamo's?

Zebra, if i do eventually go for them, you are more than welcome to pop round

I have the exon 3's and would say that this revies is pretty accurate

http://www.plurison.com/rega/Test%20Reports/Cursa%203%20et%20Exon%203.pdf

the studio monitors may well still be in the garage awaiting time/love.... I'm not very organised :doh:

and I still have the Jamo's, but they are a little poorly at the moment, and again need time/love/money none of which are currently available :doh::doh:

the studio monitors may well still be in the garage awaiting time/love.... I'm not very organised :doh:

and I still have the Jamo's, but they are a little poorly at the moment, and again need time/love/money none of which are currently available :doh::doh:

Ah right, few little projects going on then :) at least you could use the monitors as dead weights / table / speaker stands :P