JUST IN - A Quote From This Year's Main Sponsor Elite Audio

'Quite simply the best show we have ever had the pleasure to exhibit! Huge amounts of enthusiasm from so many Wammers who clearly share our passion for music. Can't wait for next year..........'

Mark Cargill - CEO Elite Audio

HoopsOnToast

Rega Exon 3's

9 posts in this topic

Anyone have any opinions on these? Always been a fan of rega kit (R3's / R7's and Brio / Apollo) but not heard their more up market stuff. Been looking around recentley for power amps, and found a few options, quite like the Quad 909 but dont think it will give me what i want for the ATC's (power/control and bass punch) and having read some reviews (the Hifi+ one raves about them) the Exon 3's seem quite a good choice.

I did like the bass control / depth and dynamics of bryston kit, but thats out of the question, and i did not like the Naim 5i or XS with the ATC's either. Only other amps i have heard with them are my current Teac (nice and punchy but bass light. Quite involving) but not the Marantz PM7200, just sounded boring and un-involving but had better/deaper bass than the Teac.

I really liked the brio when i have heard it before, but does not have enough 'go' to grip the ATC's properly i found, and the Exons seem like 'Brio on steriods' from what i have read.

Any Ideas? Anything up to around £700 really (second hand or new)

Cheers, Rob

Sounds tempting, and sure i could have a go with the lid. Only thing is i am not around cambs way soon (and busy weekends) but the main thing is that the TR7 needs a new wheel bearing, needs to be done soon :P

Oh and Biscuit, how are those studio monitors going? miss those huge Jamo's?

Zebra, if i do eventually go for them, you are more than welcome to pop round

Super Wammer

I have the exon 3's and would say that this revies is pretty accurate

http://www.plurison.com/rega/Test%20Reports/Cursa%203%20et%20Exon%203.pdf

the studio monitors may well still be in the garage awaiting time/love.... I'm not very organised :doh:

and I still have the Jamo's, but they are a little poorly at the moment, and again need time/love/money none of which are currently available :doh::doh:

Cheers Colin, Thats the one i had seen. Never hear much about the Exons but never hear anything bad either :)

the studio monitors may well still be in the garage awaiting time/love.... I'm not very organised :doh:

and I still have the Jamo's, but they are a little poorly at the moment, and again need time/love/money none of which are currently available :doh::doh:

Ah right, few little projects going on then :) at least you could use the monitors as dead weights / table / speaker stands :P

No one else heard them? :)