Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Psilonaught

Considering swap/ PXing my Unison Research Unico DMs

19 posts in this topic

You'll keep them :doh:

Fine amps, but this Jerry we're talking about here. :)

Enjoy Jer.

Thanks for the good wishes. Yeah - it'll be fun and interesting whatever we both think of the amps. :)

Will do the swap next Monday - sarf eest Lunden here I come. :close:

Thanks for the good wishes. Yeah - it'll be fun and interesting whatever we both think of the amps. :)

Will do the swap next Monday - sarf eest Lunden here I come. :close:

It will be interesting to see how 500w of monoblock compares with 50w of pure valve. Both the Gallos and MBL's have pretty low sensitivity.

If the swap works out and I get to keep the graaf, i'll be going to have a go at the experiment described in 6 moons - valve amp driving the gallos, then meaty SS amp driving the 10" secondary woofer coils through low pass RCA filters

sweet

Hmmmm ... it will be interesting, to say the least, to see what you think. I reckon you might be a bit surprised by the bass performance of the Graaf. ;-)

My MBLs are 84dB and 4 ohms, and the Graaf drives them with gusto. So it should be fine with the Gallos.