budgetblown

Sansui A-505 - any good?

7 posts in this topic

There's one going locally, and I can find damn all information about this amplifier. It's certainly not one of their battleship specials, but is it a decent amplifier in itself? What should a fair price be for one in good condition?

Leigh stop chasing hi-fadge! :doh:

Thanks Stewart, thought as much - looks like the first of the "cash in" units, back from when DSG retail group bought the rights to the name. It's good to have a second opinion :D

And Sodders... I do have some decent hi-fi - the amps are sodding marvellous, as are the speakers. The DAC/Pre and CD Deck are outpunching their weight nicely, the valve buffer works tiny miracles (when my laptop works... it's dying.... slowly....) when I use it between my pre and powers, and all in all things are going well.

And as for YOU, Smeagol, you messed-up box-swapper :P Send me your bank details please, I need to pay for that darn cable!

Wassamatta with your laptop Leigh? Anything I can sort out for you?

Cable will cost you one Caffé Nero Americano with cold milk and a lemon drizzle cake - a standard SMEagol currency unit, I can't be arsed to ask any more for it off a mate. Just fleecepal me a fiver and I'll give it to Matt when he is next in orbit.... or £7.50 altogether to cover scurrilous postal charges and puffy envelope if you can't wait. :P

I don't fleecepal - I do transfer pennies direct to bank accounts with a ref - so pm me your account no, sort code and account name and I'll put a reference of "box-swapper" on the transfer - suits you, sir?

James, it's dying. Motherboard failure. Screen's dead (using an external monitor - which is, itself, dying) - typical heat-related fault behaviour. Still, I may have a backup plan - going back to desktop, but it beats the crap out of no computer (and no forum).