Due to a configuration issue with our new forum, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us, therefore it is temporarily unavailable. We have set up, tried and tested safe alternative payment gateway called Stripe, so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades.

In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 unstructured posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brown Bottle

Ray Lamontagne

22 posts in this topic

AK recommended this album in another thread andalready lovingthe title track on the radio, I bought the album.

I have just played it twice back to back, the 1st time I have done this for months with a new album. It is IMO superb. You may have heard the title track already but there are some excellent tracks on it. Track 6, Forever My Friend is my favourite.

It is in parts laid back, rocky in parts and reminds me of Neil Young in others. It may not be for everyone but if you like Jack Johnson, Tom Mcrae, Damian Rice etc I would heartily recommend it.

Cheers BB

Got to agree - bought this quite a long time ago, must be over a year ago, and it was a long time before I took it off the player again. I was pleased to see that it began to get a bit of airtime recently as it deserved more sales/recognition.

That song in that advert has got one of those lines that you make stuff up to in your head, and never hear the real words again.

"I've been shaaaaaaaaaaaaaved by a Womble"

Step away from the razor, Tomsk.

Danny Baker always sings "Like a Yorkstone Fireplace" instead of Rhinestone Cowboy.

Brown Bottle wrote:

AK recommended this album in another thread andalready lovingthe title track on the radio, I bought the album.

I have just played it twice back to back, the 1st time I have done this for months with a new album. It is IMO superb. You may have heard the title track already but there are some excellent tracks on it. Track 6, Forever My Friend is my favourite.

It is in parts laid back, rocky in parts and reminds me of Neil Young in others. It may not be for everyone but if you like Jack Johnson, Tom Mcrae, Damian Rice etc I would heartily recommend it.

Cheers BB

Absolutely no offence BB but how do you compare Jack Johnson with Tom Mcrae?:shock:

Mr Johnson can only dream of being that good surely?

T.white wrote:

Brown Bottle wrote:

Cheers BB

Absolutely no offence BB but how do you compare Jack Johnson with Tom Mcrae?:shock:

Agreed - Tom McRae is far superior imho. Very underrated artist.

T.white wrote:

Brown Bottle wrote:

Cheers BB

Agreed - Tom McRae is far superior imho. Very underrated artist.

T.white wrote:

Brown Bottle wrote:

Cheers BB

I wasn't aware I was comparing them. All I meant was that if you like Jack Johnson or Tom McRae you might like Ray Lamontagne. I personally think Tom McRae is superior to Jack Johnson too

Absolutely no offence taken mate.

Cheers BB

Brown Bottle wrote:

T.white wrote:
Brown Bottle wrote:

Cheers BB

I wasn't aware I was comparing them. All I meant was that if you like Jack Johnson or Tom McRae you might like Ray Lamontagne. I personally think Tom McRae is superior to Jack Johnson too

Absolutely no offence taken mate.

Cheers BB

Fair point :^

You got taste BB

Acoustic with really great tunes and an amazing voice. Its good first play and excellent after a few times. I keep finding myself singing along! BUY IT! ITS EXCELLENT!!:cool: