• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HectorHughMunro

New Version Of Spotify

19 posts in this topic

http://www.spotify.com/int/blog/archives/2010/04/27/the-next-generation/

Mods, apologies if this should be in one of the music sections; please move if this is the case.

Looks quite interesting. I'll be able synch wirelessly with my Nokia amongst other things. The community integration soils on Mflow's business model.

Downloading it now.

You have to wait, and Spotify will auto-update you. Might take a few days, it's to stop their update servers getting a hammering.

Here's a link, but my Spotify keeps crashing now :(

http://download.cnet.com/Spotify/3000-2141_4-10912348.html

EDIT: seems to be running OK now but is Indexing all my music files to a Library > Local files section. Glad the external HDs not connected! :?

If you do download the update unchecked "Allow Spotify to automatically update track, album...." in SpotifyPreferences :x

Yes, that's where I got it from too. Slightly nervous about setting it to index my music library as I have two librarys (MP3 and AAC for the Ipod and FLAC for the Squeezebox) on the machine with lots of duplication between them. Dear God, I hope it doesn't move files like Itunes tries too!

It was actually OK. I managed to get it only to look at the Itunes folder and it didn't copy the database.

If I can get it to Synch to my phone, this will be an awful lot better.

Looks interesting. I'd personally prefer to use iTunes to manage/play my hard drive based library. Is it possible to completely turn off the library feature?

Do you already have the old version of Spotify? If so, download the software from the CNET link earlier in the thread - you don't need the invite for that. If you haven't had Spotify before, send me a PM with your email address.

Didn't quite get the wireless sync feature as new...

I've been doing that for a month now?

Just updating my new phone over-the-air (wifi) with ALL the playlists. Set it off and come back in an hour or so.