In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 garbled posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevied

Loricraft Record cleaners

7 posts in this topic

Yes and yes.

I havn't got one yet (still saving the pennies) but a friend has one and I have used it plus I have played with them at shows before.

Very very quite compared to other cleaners, so much so you can use it while listening to music.
The other real bonus is how much more automatic it is.
Liquid on, quick wipe, then arm down and that is it. It sorts the rest out.

I used to own one and it's definitely the most convenient, better designed (and the Keith Monks of course) machine.

Now you can honestly clean as well manually and for less money, but it's gonna be a messy, time-consuming affair. The Loricraft makes it a breeze.

In any case, I've never found any machine or liquid which turned a noisy records into a silent one. Best you can hope for is a reduction of noise, not miracles.

I recently forked out £1300 (+ postage etc) for a Loricraft cleaning machine, fabulous ok... I've only used it a few times as I'm about to move house soon and everything is packed up.

Very quiet operation, and Terry is a gentleman to deal with over the phone!

Superb.

I would if I could afford one, though I have used them and a Keith Monks through a couple of record shops I know and they are silent while giving the record a great clean.

Dean..