Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Strat

TIME TO BAN TV MAKEOVER PROGRAMMES

16 posts in this topic

Warning guys,

Last night Mrs Strat was watching one of those terrible TV Makeover programmes where some misguided sod had replaced his speakers with an in ceiling job for £55.

Mrs Strat said she thought that was a good idea as she looked out at our B/W CM2s which we run in the breakfast room:shock::shock::shock::shock:.

The Strat wrote:
[quote]Warning guys,

Last night Mrs Strat was watching one of those terrible TV Makeover programmes where some misguided sod had replaced his speakers with an in ceiling job for £55.

Mrs Strat said she thought that was a good idea as she looked out at our B/W CM2s which we run in the breakfast room:shock::shock::shock::shock:.
[/quote]

I second the ban!!!

Hawk

Actually chaps it was location location revisited, not actually a makeover show, and he had placed £30 a pop car speakers in his ceiling. Then run them from his hifi amp in the kitchen.

Great lateral thinking in my opinion, Im pretty sure they would sound half decent for the cost.

What sort of terminals do these car speakers have on the back of them then – just springclips ?

[font="Times New Roman"][size=3][/size][/font]

[b]Hawk wrote: [/b][quote]The Strat wrote:
[quote]Warning guys,

[/quote]

I second the ban!!!

Hawk[/quote]

Also gets my vote and I suspect the vote of the majority of men in the country :oj:after them can we then ban the Karaoke shows such as X Factor :puke::nup::roll:

[b]cjr wrote: [/b][quote]

Great lateral thinking in my opinion, Im pretty sure they would sound half decent for the cost.

[font="Times New Roman"][size=3][/size][/font]
[/quote]They were certainly lateral - albeit upside down!!

[b]cjr wrote: [/b][quote]Actually chaps it was location location revisited, not actually a makeover show, and he had placed £30 a pop car speakers in his ceiling. Then run them from his hifi amp in the kitchen.

What sort of terminals do these car speakers have on the back of them then – just springclips ?

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][/size][/font]
[/quote]

see now you've gone too far this time.:P:D:D

I thought it was a good idea too for this specific application ie sound reinforcement in the kitchen. You can still have the hi -fi in the lounge but if you have a spare set of speaker terminals on your amp why not deploy them.

I think the connectors on the back of car speakers are normally push on spade type connectors crimped onto teh speaker wire.

Just be careful guys it won't be too long before the Audio Police come round and insist on space saving eco friendly in ceiling speakers with amplifiers running off the same power supply as the micro-wave!

And as for you guys that run valve amps - they'll get the same treatment as 4x4s!!

Yeh, I saw that Location Location Location too. Not a [i]bad,[/i]cost saving, idea...

But every time the missus sees such things on TVit takes me further and further away from my dream of having a pair of Yamaha NS1000M's in the lounge.

Mrs Strat watches anything just about - that's why the hi-fi is in another room.:D