• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichardG

Malcolm McLaren Dead at 64

12 posts in this topic

Cantankerous old swine but he certainly mixed it up... any mavericks actually left these days???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8610423.stm

:(

Admin

Sheva wrote:

He certainly did a lot more for music than somebody like Cowell will ever do. RIP.

True but a bit more of a template than people realise for the likes of Cowell. Maclaren gave the disaffected youth what they wanted . The sex pistols . Doubt he was ever into the music himself but it made him a few bob. I could never warm to the man but RIP anyways.

PeteVid wrote:

RIP Malcolm was he a genius or a chancer? I don't know

I'd say chancer.

Just for bringing the pistols together is enough for me though.:notworthy:

Condolences to all as necessary - I liked McLaren stuff, not least of all his solo albums and his 'Cola-MacDonalds' lyrics etc in 1992 'Carry On Columbus' at about 68mins + 71mins, and the end credits song. Love my remaining 'Duck Rock CD, and mourn my departed 'Fans' etc vinyls. NMTB, McLaren participated in some fine sounds, and obviously I agree about SCow. etc comments above.

Sheva wrote:

He certainly did a lot more for music than somebody like Cowell will ever do. RIP.

Well Cowell has certainly done nothing for the advancement for music but I'm sorry McLaren is just as guilty. But I admire his honesty - it was a swindle.

Chancer he certainly was - RIP.

Duvet wrote:

Sheva wrote:

True but a bit more of a template than people realise for the likes of Cowell. Maclaren gave the disaffected youth what they wanted . The sex pistols . Doubt he was ever into the music himself but it made him a few bob. I could never warm to the man but RIP anyways.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts, I think he was probably the Simon Cowel of his day but never the less I’m sure the music industry is a little less colourful following his death.

The Strat wrote:

Sheva wrote:

Well Cowell has certainly done nothing for the advancement for music but I'm sorry McLaren is just as guilty. But I admire his honesty - it was a swindle.

Chancer he certainly was - RIP.

:shock:the amount of quality music that came outbecause ofthe pistols is massive.

whereas cowell just feeds people utter toss.