• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Borats Baby

Confusing noises ....

8 posts in this topic

Ever heard a noise that you think is something VERY LOUD and very far away, only to discover it was actually something really quiet and possibly in the same room.

The 2 sounds could be created by something very different, for example :

I just thought I heard a ships fog horn in the distance, for a moment I really did think it was a fog horn....

.... until I realised it was the spring in the door handle on the kitchen door releasing itself after getting caught on something..

Strange but true !

What wrong noises have you heard recently ?

Samantha wrote:

Borats Baby wrote:

Strange but true !

What wrong noises have you heard recently ?

I thought I heard my fella break wind, but he said it was the leather seat squeaking ....... does that count?

Sorry, no....

If you thought you heard your fella break wind, but actually heard the intercity train go by 5 miles away, that would count :)

A few years ago,I was in the bathroom and I heard a sort of muffled thump. Our boiler in the outhouse had been playing up so I ran downstairs and said to Mrs S that the boiler must have exploded.

Turned out it was the Canary Wharf bomb which was about seven miles away:dunno:

When on holidays my right ear was blocked and when having a pint by the beach i heard what sounded like a gas explosion, Nobody else heard it, it was the wax in my ear that popped but it sounded so real.:oops:

Yes.

Once I thought that Who 'Quadrophenia' soundtrack was via stereo transmitting amazing sounds 30 feet behind me, then found Ms Wife had left on PC at back of room and noise was going from normal amp via 10 metre lead out through PC speakers ..

On the other thing, sometimes things that sound in the room are e.g. actually rain blasting on gas CH chimney metal liner-tube 30 feet above.

It is important to ensure one's ears are kept appropriately clean.

Sometimes a mouse really is at the back of the room - e.g. cat has dropped it hopping on radiator.

Sometimes especially real ale has what appear to be bits of beeswax floating within.

Sometimes what apparently is in the head isn't.

Chumpy wrote:

Yes.

Once I thought that Who 'Quadrophenia' soundtrack was via stereo transmitting amazing sounds 30 feet behind me, then found Ms Wife had left on PC at back of room and noise was going from normal amp via 10 metre lead out through PC speakers ..

On the other thing, sometimes things that sound in the room are e.g. actually rain blasting on gas CH chimney metal liner-tube 30 feet above.

It is important to ensure one's ears are kept appropriately clean.

Sometimes a mouse really is at the back of the room - e.g. cat has dropped it hopping on radiator.

Sometimes especially real ale has what appear to be bits of beeswax floating within.

Sometimes what apparently is in the head isn't.

It seems to me, Chumpy, from the above, that your obsession with keeping your ears clean has caused earwax to drop into your real ale. You are, of course, correct. you should not intentionally keep wax inside your head. Incidentally, does your cat often hop on your radiator?

:nuts::^