• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveJones

Isotek Full System Enhancer & Rejuvenation Disc

10 posts in this topic

I got one of these discs free with one of the hifi magazines a while back. I haven't tried it, but I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences of using it.

Note: If you haven't actually got any experience of using one, and just want to rant about foo in general etc, then please start your own thread and don't crap on mine :)

Cheers,

Dave

Hi,

I have this disc and ripped it on to my server. I use it to break in new components and cables by leaving it on repeat (track 2 as I have floorstanders).

I use it also to warm my system up before I use it now and again.

I reckon that it would be useful for a new pair of speakers as the disc would certainly move the drivers - plenty of repetitive thumping sounds - with adequate volume of course.

I am not sure whether it improves my system or not overall. It seemed to smooth the treble out initially but it might be in my head.

DaveJones wrote:

I got one of these discs free with one of the hifi magazines a while back. I haven't tried it, but I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences of using it.

Note: If you haven't actually got any experience of using one, and just want to rant about foo in general etc, then please start your own thread and don't crap on mine :)

Cheers,

Dave

Why not try it and see what you think?

Got one as a freebie from one of the mags: cannot tell any changes at all...

It sits in a drawer, propping up a few DVDs, which is at least some use...

Thanks chaps. Wondered whether it was worth trying it, given that's been a very useful drinks coaster for the last few years and it sounds like that is what it is going to remain.

Tel wrote:

I am aware I can do that, thank you, but I thought I'd see what other people had found - is that OK with you?

DaveJones wrote:

Thanks chaps. Wondered whether it was worth trying it, given that's been a very useful drinks coaster for the last few years and it sounds like that is what it is going to remain.

Tel wrote:

I am aware I can do that, thank you, but I thought I'd see what other people had found - is that OK with you?

Of course it is, you can do what you like.

My point was that people's reactions to things are often based on positive or negative expectation.

If you know that everyone on the forum thinks the product is rubbish/wonderful it will influence your experience when you try it. Salesmen employ these techmiques all the time.

If you wanted to try it with an open mind you would probably be better off trying it before asking other peoples opinions.

yes sir. i use mine whenever i have new cables or need to improve the sound . about once a month at least

it does what it says on the box [imho]

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/isotek/cd.html

I have 3 types of these disks the Isotek the Densen and the freebie that came with a Hi Fi Choice mag and I can say that I experienced no obvious improvement.as already mentioned they can be used as a tool to expose a weakness in the system or chase down rattles in your room. My current CD Player DeMagnatises every time you open the tray but played no part in the reason why I purchased it.