Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hixy

audio rack cleared in one fell swoop

28 posts in this topic

My good lady bought me a ps3 for xmas.its brilliant now can get rid of ageing dvd player and cdp.as a cdp player it is very good and perfectly acceptable.as i use my TT as main source anyway. hope you all had a god xmas :D

I've heard of the transport in the PS3 bettering the 47 Lab's Pi Tracer in sighted comparisons. Given the $25,000 price difference, that's quite an achievement.

the ps3 is a very good machine , i used as a transport with my theta dac and could detect no difference between it and a clocked meridian 500 transport

i have since sold my then bluray player a pioneer lx-70 on the back of the ps3 purchase as it offered 90% of the picture quality of the pioneer but far better load up times i also generally use the ps3 for std dvd duties instead of my pioneer lx-51 so it has a good as made over 1k worth of equipment redundant in my system as for streaming music the brother inlaw streams both music and movies direct to the ps3 dont ask me how ya do it but they look and sound very good

mmar wrote:

the ps3 is a very good machine , i used as a transport with my theta dac and could detect no difference between it and a clocked meridian 500 transport

i have since sold my then bluray player a pioneer lx-70 on the back of the ps3 purchase as it offered 90% of the picture quality of the pioneer but far better load up times i also generally use the ps3 for std dvd duties instead of my pioneer lx-51 so it has a good as made over 1k worth of equipment redundant in my system as for streaming music the brother inlaw streams both music and movies direct to the ps3 dont ask me how ya do it but they look and sound very good

Install PS3 media server onto you laptop or desktop. The PS3 and laptop will synch and then thelaptop/desktop can either stream lossless audio and video directly to the PS3 through a wired or wireless connection. It is more stable if wired via my findings, a network cable a few meters long does thetrick.

The PS3 then becomes a stella entertainment hub for all of your digital media, Lossless audio/video in the form of DVD, Blu-ray, digital photos, internet, CD and even SACD on some earlier generation PS3's. Oh, and its a games machine. The SonyPS3remote is alsoblutooth so you can have the machine under the stairs or in another room and operate it this way.

Give it plenty of space to breathe,and its quiet in operation. I have the last generation non-slim version and the build for the money is stunning, given what you'd find in a £1k CD player. The PS3 puts many CDplayers into the rip-off catagory, so well done Sony. A bargain of epic proportions.

:*::*::*::*::*:

hixy wrote:

My good lady bought me a ps3 for xmas.its brilliant now can get rid of ageing dvd player and cdp.as a cdp player it is very good and perfectly acceptable.as i use my TT as main source anyway. hope you all had a god xmas :D

So your now on the wrong forum ;-)

LINK :fly:

wammer wrote:

hixy wrote:
My good lady bought me a ps3  for xmas.its brilliant now can get rid of ageing dvd player and cdp.as a cdp player it is very good and perfectly acceptable.as i use my TT as main source anyway. hope you all had a god xmas :D

LINK  :fly:

I wonder if they argue about cables on that forum? :dunno:

Sir_Franc wrote:

wammer wrote:
hixy wrote:

LINK :fly:

I wonder if they argue about cables on that forum? :dunno:

oh yes :cafe:link