Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ian

Leben CS600, 6L6, EL34, KT66 and KT88........

22 posts in this topic

Ian

I was wondering how you've got on with the Leben?

I would have thought a KT77 would work, not at KT88/6550 as these draw too much current.

In fact I remember finding a post by someone who was using Gold Lion KT77s (in the USA...Audiogon maybe) to great success. They may have had to change the grid resistor...I'll see if I can find it.

I'm interested in getting a Leben CS600 so would be interested in your thoughts.

Regards

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

It's simplystunning but I'm moving it on. I knew I couldn't really afford to keep it whenI bought it but it's been great to own and I'm pretty confident I can move it on at no or little loss.

I've promised somebody first refusal and I'll know by the end of the weekend if they wish to have it. If not I'll stick it on the 'Wam.

Oh, and after mucking about a bitI found Sovtek 6L6GC to suit me most, not expensive valves by any means. If I were keeping it I'd try some RCA NOS of these.

I heard this amp today in my system, it's an absolute delight. Rich and meaty, without being overblown, tuneful in the bass.

*Gorgeously* put together, in a world of garden shed creations. If I was after a 1 box solution, I'd have it myself.

Stuart, if you don't buy this tomorrow, you're off your tits :D

browellm wrote:

I heard this amp today in my system, it's an absolute delight. Rich and meaty, without being overblown, tuneful in the bass.

*Gorgeously* put together, in a world of garden shed creations. If I was after a 1 box solution, I'd have it myself.

Stuart, if you don't buy this tomorrow, you're off your tits :D

lol..well its in good company...jadis, Radford, EAR...we'll let the lug ols decide...but yes I WANT IT!